Hardware Engineering Intern
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
Are you passionate about hardware development and testing? Would you like a chance to apply what you have learned on a critical project?
F5 is offering the opportunity to join one of our engineering teams as a hardware engineer intern specializing in computer engineering. You’ll collaborate with leading hardware engineers to undertake a challenging project that will provide the opportunity for you to learn about new technologies, develop or enhance your skills, and make significant contributions to F5.
- Assist F5 hardware developers in evaluating reliability of materials, properties and techniques used in a high-volume manufacturing facility.
- Develop and execute qualification test plans for electronic parts, components, integrated circuitry, mechanical systems, equipment and packaging, optical systems and/or CPU systems used on F5 systems.
- Evaluate vendor part specifications
- Test, debug, and verify various electronic systems and products and assist with test reports.
- Collaborate with team members, technical leads and internal/external clients to produce excellence.
- Must be a current student in the United States pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree. Desired degrees are in computer engineering, electrical & computer engineering, computer science or related degree. Those majoring in unrelated degrees but have spent time building hardware related skills are also invited to apply.
- Must be willing to relocate to Spokane, Washington for both internship and subsequent fulltime role upon graduation.
- Approaching their Junior year (if pursuing a Bachelors) or beyond at the time of the internship (ie. one summer left before graduation). Exceptional Sophomore or Freshmen may be considered.
- Available for a 12 week internship between May and September of 2024. We are unable to accommodate internships outside of this time frame.
Helpful to Have:
- Knowledge of electronic test methodologies and equipment (Oscilloscopes, DVM, Signal Generators, Data Analyzers, Traffic Generators, etc.)
- Good understanding of basic hardware design concepts and computer networking.
- Strong analytical and trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to collaborate and thrive in a dynamic, high performing environment
- Regularly demonstrate teamwork by promoting good ideas and concepts, helping other team members grow their skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A dream of learning and growing within a successful technology company
- Applications will remain open until end of January 2024.
- Once your application is selected, we have a two-step interview process. First, you'll have a technical coding screen that is usually 30 minutes. Then, a final round interview that typically consists of 3 additional technical interviews that take course over a half day. No interviews on weekends available.
- We expect first round interviews to begin mid-February 2024 with final round interviews happening end of February 2024.
- Recruiting will continue through March and beyond until all positions are filled.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.The hourly U.S. pay range for this position is: $32.00 - $48.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity