Mechanical Engineering Intern
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
Are you ready to get some practical experience this summer with super-smart people who love what they do? Would you like a chance to apply what you have learned on a critical project?
Our equipment plays an important part in the global data network and as a mechanical intern at F5 you will learn about and aid in the development of the mechanical components of these products. You will be exposed to a broad range of challenges in the mechanical engineering field. You will work with one or more senior engineers to conduct design verification testing, and will also have the opportunity to do some design and analysis using SolidWorks.
It will be a valuable opportunity to learn about the full life cycle of how things go from conception to production and to work with the different disciplines involved with this process.
Join us to work with F5’s Mechanical Engineering professionals to undertake challenging assignments that provide the opportunity for you to learn about new technologies, develop or enhance skills, and make significant contributions to F5.
- Support a senior engineer with one or more of the following test (thermal, vibration, shock, functional, etc), design (fixtures, small components, etc) and analysis (thermal, structural, tolerance, etc)
- Conduct reviews with the team
- Learn and follow the processes applicable to your task
- Provide feedback on designs and processes
- Collaborate with team members, technical leads and internal/external clients to produce excellence.
- Must be a current student in the United States pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree. Desired degrees are in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or a related degree. Those majoring in unrelated degrees but have spent time building related Mechnical Engineering skills are also invited to apply.
- Must be willing to relocate to Spokane, Washington for both internship and subsequent fulltime role upon graduation.
- Approaching their Junior year (if pursuing a Bachelors) or beyond at the time of the internship (ie. one summer left before graduation). Exceptional Sophomore or Freshmen may be considered.
- Available for a 12 week internship between May and September of 2024. We are unable to accommodate internships outside of this time frame.
Helpful to Have:
- Proficiency for mechanical systems problem solving
- Ability to perform mechanical related activities
- Use of SolidWorks and similar modeling and analysis software a plus
- Strong interest in computer related systems and development
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite Office.
- Ability to collaborate and thrive in a dynamic, high performing environment
- Regularly demonstrate teamwork by promoting good ideas and concepts, helping other team members grow their skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A dream of learning and growing within a successful technology company
- Applications will remain open until end of January 2024.
- Once your application is selected, we have a two-step interview process. First, you'll have a technical screen that is usually 30 minutes. Then, a final round interview that typically consists of 3 additional technical interviews that take course over a half day. No interviews on weekends available.
- We expect first round interviews to begin mid-February 2024 with final round interviews happening early March 2024.
- Recruiting will continue through March and beyond until the position are filled.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.The hourly U.S. pay range for this position is: $32.00 - $48.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity