Sr Software Engineer
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
Why do you want to join our team?
Life at F5 is never dull. We are constantly identifying industry trends and disruptions, then innovating to get ahead of future customer needs—creating application services that help the world’s leading organizations deliver their critical business apps faster and with the highest levels of flexibility, security, performance, and support.
F5 has innovated a consistent, cloud-native environment that can be deployed across multiple public clouds and edge sites — a distributed cloud platform. Within this SaaS-based offering, F5 integrates a broad range of services that have normally been siloed across many point products and network or cloud providers. The solution is designed to provide a single way to view security, operations and management components.
About the position:
F5 is looking for a Sr Software Engineer to join our team! You will participate in the development, design and implementation of F5's Edge Computing platform that is used to deploy global, scalable and secure applications.
- Design and development of software solutions
- Understand requirements / use cases and proposed solutions, and develop them in timely manner
- Unit test the software using automation frameworks
- Investigate and solve reported issues
- Follow software development lifecycle
- Suggest improvements to the software and take up such activities
- Working with distributed teams
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science
- Strong background in data structures and algorithms
- Experience in C/C++ (experience in Golang is a plus)
- 5 to 10 years of software development experience
- Experience with controller software, routers / switches, SDN
- Experience with control plane & data plane protocols and features
- Good understanding of IP networking, routing protocols, Mpls, IPsec VPNs, SSL, Firewalls, Nat, Proxies
- Experience with Kubernetes containers will be an added advantage
- Traffic management in data center, edge networks, virtualization
- Packet processing, DPDK and device driver nice to have
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.The annual U.S. base pay range for this position is: $159,297.00 - $238,945.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity