HR Business Partner
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
Life at F5 is never dull. We are constantly identifying industry trends and disruptions, then innovating to get ahead of future customer needs—creating application services that help the world’s leading organizations deliver their critical business apps faster and with the highest levels of flexibility, security, performance, and support.
But our success is not driven solely by what we do. We also care deeply about how we do it. At F5, our culture is how we live every single day. And it produces extraordinary results—not only for our customers but also for our employees. We understand that your life is about more than work, so we are committed to a culture supporting your life. We offer work/life integration programs like Freedom to Flex, dynamic employee inclusion groups, paid parental leave, tuition assistance for professional development, a comprehensive mentoring program, rewards/recognition, and so much more. At F5, we truly do help each other thrive.
We are seeking an HR Business Partner II to join our HR team. This position partners closely with first- and second-line management to develop and deliver HR programs that support business objectives and improve employee performance and retention. You will advocate for our Human First and High-Performance culture, supporting and advancing Talent initiatives in a fast-growing global technology company with a presence in over forty countries.
- Work with HR Leadership and management to recommend, develop, and implement programs that address key talent offerings, including employee and manager development, employee engagement, and performance management.
- Serve as a point of contact for first- and second-line management of assigned business groups, addressing inquiries, providing guidance, and facilitating resolution of employee relations issues.
- Provide guidance, expertise, and support to first- and second-line management on business unit restructures, organization changes, workforce planning, career development, and business transformation support.
- Point of contact for escalated HR requests through ServiceNow, including performance management service.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to first- and second-line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Work closely with first- and second-line management to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Develop and implement continual HR process improvements.
- Analyze and monitor employee exits and actions; identify trends; develop programs to mitigate potential problems and recommend retention tactics.
- Maintain a current and complete understanding of, and ensure organizational compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, ADA, FMLA, ADEA, FLSA, and EEO regulations.
- Collaborate with other HR Centers of Excellence to execute human resources strategies and annual initiatives (talent conversations, rewards, engagement surveys, succession planning, and management development) to meet business objectives and support future business growth.
- Partner with Sr. HRBP and HRBP III’s on org-specific initiatives to gain experience and expertise.
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and effectively coach employees and leaders to use company best practices for maximum effectiveness.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity in the workplace.
- Ability to understand business strategies and recommend HR programs that align with the business.
- Solid business writing and presentation skills.
- Intermediate analytical skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in progressively responsible HR generalist or business partner roles, preferably in a large, high-tech global environment.
- HRIS and case management platform experience a plus; Workday and ServiceNow preferred.
- HR certification is a plus.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Generous paid vacation time, paid holidays, and paid maternity and parental leave.
- 401K with company match.
- Work/life integration programs like Freedom to Flex, dynamic employee inclusion groups, a comprehensive. Mentoring program, rewards/recognition, and more.
- Global Good initiatives like employee matching, volunteer opportunities, and the F5 Foundation.
- Tuition assistance for professional development.
- Other perks like free transit cards, free vanpools, etc.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.The annual U.S. base pay range for this position is: $69,900.00 - $104,850.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity