Director of Data Science
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
As the NGINX Director of Data Science you will play a critical role in our product strategy, focused on building and strengthening our data capabilities by architecting data processing pipelines for the product group that enable us to bring value to our customers as well as our operational visibility and strategic decision making. You will apply your seasoned data science experience and insights to help guide our team’s development in key areas such as data, analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. The Director of Data Science also drives the collection of new data, as well as the refinement of existing business data sources.
This position requires a visionary leader. As Director of Data Science you will build a team and develop a data strategy that is central to delivering maximum customer value for our core product, NGINX One. You will work closely with product management, engineering and senior leadership across NGINX and F5 to create capabilities in our SaaS console that deliver actionable insights and unique perspectives on our customers’ fleet of NGINX Plus, NGINX Open Source, and other data plane technology instances. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of data analytics, machine learning, and statistical modeling, along with proven leadership skills to guide the team toward impactful and innovative solutions.
You will work with business leaders in the NGINX Product Group, Customer Success, Marketing, and Technical Services to leverage data from our customers and business systems to understand usage, drive adoption of key features, and increase the value realized by our customers. You will manage the business’s external data and analytics partners and play a leading role in the development and design of the NGINX vision, capabilities, infrastructure, and roadmap for the launch of data sciences capabilities. From these activities your team will create tools, dashboards and insights that drive our decision-making based on data. To ensure transparency and accountability you will establish actionable KPIs and success metrics and ensure that there is timely and accurate reporting.
· Develop and execute the data science strategy in alignment with overall business objectives.
· Manage a team of data scientists, analysts, and engineers to deliver on the data science strategy and roadmap.
· Build and nurture strong relationships with senior leaders.
· Collaborate with executive leadership to define and execute the data science roadmap.
· Provide thought leadership on emerging trends, technologies, and methodologies in data science related disciplines including AI.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate data science solutions into the product roadmap. · Work closely with product managers and stakeholders to define project scope, requirements, and success criteria.
· Oversee the end-to-end execution of data science projects, ensuring timely delivery and high-quality results.
· Lead, mentor, and inspire a team of data scientists to achieve their full potential.
· Foster a collaborative and inclusive team culture that encourages creativity and continuous learning.
· Provide guidance on project prioritization, workload management, and professional development.
· Define and communicate team goals, objectives, and KPIs.
· Drive collaboration and communication across the NGINX product group and F5 enterprise.
· Effectively leverage and satisfy F5 Data Governance, AI Architecture and F5 Security resources and policy to ensure F5 product success.
· 10+ years of experience in technical development
· 7+ years of experience managing people in technical development
· A highly talented technical leader with 10+ years of exceptional hands-on experience in building and applying Machine Learning and analytic applications. · 3+ years experience managing data science team · Proven experience partnering across teams identifying opportunities to leverage data science solutions to solve business problems and drive product adoption.
· Experience developing and managing strategic data science roadmaps to advance business capabilities.
· Demonstrated thought-leadership with a passion for translating data into action and business insights.
· Good communication skills and good management and leadership experience in applying quantitative solutions.
· Demonstrated success in building out a comprehensive data science practice at an organization.Ability to explain analytical concepts to a non-technical audience is a must.
· Advanced degree BS in a quantitative field, computer science, statistics, or related engineering discipline is required.
· Passion for solving real customer problems with data.
· Curiosity that drives you to dig deeper and look at problems in different ways to find unique solutions to problems.
· Experience with large data sets using tools like SQL, Hadoop, Spark, BigTable or DynamoDB.
· Experience with statistical methods and coding in R, Python, Java, Go or similar language. Preferred Qualifications
· Advanced degree in computer science or related fields
· Experience design and implementation of large-scale data processing solutions
· Practical Experience with AWS service and Databricks platform
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.The annual U.S. base pay range for this position is: $187,238.00 - $280,858.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity