At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
The Solutions Engineer (SE) is a technical sales role. The SE’s primary responsibility is to provide technical expertise and knowledge of F5 solutions, related technologies and competitive offerings to customers, channel partners and colleagues within a given market segment.
The high-level objective is to achieve allocated sales targets in partnership with one or more Sales Account Managers, by specifying relevant F5 solutions and products that meet our customers’ business needs. The SE is a trusted adviser who proactively learns and understands our customers’ technical and business challenges and is able to propose effective solutions to mitigate their concerns and offer gainful outcomes.
To be effective, an SE needs to have excellent technical skills and knowledge of F5 products and the eco-system that we work in. Continuous training and development will be provided to stay at the top of your game.
Sounds interesting? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Articulate F5’s solution strategies, messaging and position F5’s value proposition to meet customer and partner business objectives
- Provide technical expertise through sales presentations, solution designs, demonstrations and proofs of concept utilizing various delivery media
- Determine the viability of opportunities and map out organizational structures
- Drive the sales process in partnership with Account Manager(s), by identifying technical decision makers, getting their technical validation, support, and sponsorship
- Consistently provide world-class customer service throughout the customer life cycle
- Work collaboratively with internal technical and sales resources, share best practices and updates, offer and seek expertise
How you’ll do it:
- Knowledge of software application platforms, virtualization and cloud computing
- Expertise in solution designs, performance and sizing for large scale environments
- Experience in secure multi-cloud architectures
- Understanding of application security vulnerabilities, threats and controls
- Proficiency in containerized and microservices architecture, orchestration solutions (eg: OpenShift, Kubernetes, Service Mesh)
What you’ll bring:
- Outstanding technical communication, presentation and relationship skills
- F5 solution knowledge and / or relevant experience in competitive offerings
- 5 + years of related industry experience
- Relevant certifications
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience
- As this particular role engages with the Australian Government, the unencumbered ability to hold security clearances.
What You’ll Get
- This is a self-driven role, so career growth and development are available at every stage of your career
- Access to mentoring and coaching development opportunities, with career development a focus at all levels in F5
- Culture of Giving Back through F5’s Global Good program which includes investing in Tech and Social good across the globe, volunteer leave, matched donations to NFPs of your choice and many more opportunities for you to have greater social impact.
- Strong Diversity & Inclusion interest groups, proactively building and celebrating our diverse and inclusive culture
- Hybrid working mode
- Recognitions and Rewards
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, and cool perks
- Health insurance coverage options with an industry leading provider
Apply if you believe your own unique capabilities can contribute to the success of this role and our organization!
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity