Sr Network Engineer
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
We are seeking a Sr Network Engineer to join our team! In this position you will be part of a fantastic team enabling the Edge 2.0 revolution! The position will maintain, enhance, and expand the high-performance network backbone.
- Design, build and maintain F5 Distributed Cloud network infrastructure
- Design, build and maintain network infrastructure with SRE goals in mind
- Manage production environment by monitoring availability and alerts and promptly remediate any issues that arise on the backbone
- Review and remediate security vulnerabilities in the network operating system (NOS)
- R&D to validate new designs/features for the backbone
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Maintenance and improvements of the network automation pipeline
- Automating workflows (plus)
- Documentation of projects and KB articles
- Hands-on coding in multiple languages while considering performance, scalability, maintainability, and flexibility
- Develop tooling, processes to make sure F5 Distributed Cloud Network highly available, scalable and peak performant
What You Have:
- 5+ Years of experience in a similar position
- Provable knowledge of backbone networking (BGP, OSPF, L3VPN)
- Knowledge of data center networking
- Experience with Juniper Network routing devices
- Experience with Automation (Ansible, Jinja)
- Experience with debugging tools (tcpdump, ability to read a PCAP)
- Experience with telemetry environment (netflow)
- Experience in a large-scale network environment
- Experience with DDoS Mitigation solutions would be nice to have
- Experience with advanced telemetry (OpenConfig, gRPC,) also would be a plus
- Strong Experience with QoS
- Ability to write scripts (Shell, Python, Golang) to automate tasks
- Technical confidence and familiarity with DevOps tools
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.The annual U.S. base pay range for this position is: $129,866.00 - $194,800.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity