At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
F5 has innovated a consistent, cloud-native environment that can be deployed across multiple public clouds and edge sites - a distributed cloud platform. Within this SaaS-based offering, our product integrates a broad range of services that have normally been siloed across many point products and network or cloud providers. The solution is designed to provide a single way to view security, operations and management components.
The SRE Manager position will be a hands-on technical management role, and will provide technical guidance to the team across multiple initiatives. Responsibilities include managing SRE/DevOps team deploying product updates, running internal CI/CD infrastructure, identifying production issues and implementing integrations or product improvements that meet operational needs.
- Manage local SRE team.
- Define and manage project plans and deliverables for the SRE evolution across the portfolio.
- Investigate and resolve technical issues.
- Properly and quickly prioritizing and scoping requirements.
- Tracking issues and reporting statuses via use of platforms such as Gitlab.
- Perform research and provide read outs to teams on such tools and technologies.
- Provide guidance to team members in the right and proper direction (e.g. providing guidance on how to be using different tools and which tool to use).
- The individual will work with the respective personnel to create/manage and work to complete the defined project plans and deliverables.
- Improve our Kubernetes application delivery to production.
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 10+ years experience in engineering with Team Lead/Management experience.
- Extensive SRE background and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Kubernetes and CI/CD.
- Provable proficiency and knowledge of Golang.
- Architectural experience building and managing large scale cloud-based efforts.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Technical confidence and familiarity with DevOps tools, techniques and more importantly, mindset.
- Possess problem-solving attitude.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.The annual U.S. base pay range for this position is: $166,056.00 - $249,084.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity