Manager, Solutions Engineers (TS/SCI Clearance Required)
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
***TS/SCI Clearance required****
F5 technologies are at the heart of modern applications that are enabling digital transformation across the globe. We give the world’s largest businesses, service providers, governments, and consumer brands the ability to securely deliver every app, anywhere—with confidence. We do this by working collaboratively in an innovative environment, helping each other succeed. We take immense pride in being trusted advisers to our customers, offering the best solutions for their interests. If our mission and culture excite you, we would love to talk to you!
About our job descriptions
When applying for any of the roles in F5, please note, our ideal candidate is not necessarily someone who meets all the posted requirements. In fact, this is just a representation of how we know the job has been done in the past. Reach out, even if you don’t check all the boxes here, but believe you bring your own unique capabilities that can be utilized to ensure the success of the position and the organization.
Solutions Engineering Manager Job Overview:
The Solutions Engineering Manager(SEM) position is a technical sales leadership role, responsible for assisting our Solution Engineers with both technical and business essential customer engagements. They are typically aligned to a business segment and support our sales and technology teams in achieving the sales goals (quota)
They bring technical capabilities and business acumen to guide teams on the most effective approach to customers’ technical problems and their business priorities.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with local segment sales leadership to develop and execute on sales strategy, technology positioning and execution priorities.
- Play the role of an evangelist, thought leader and mentor within and outside of F5 in the Solution Engineering community
- Hire, onboard, develop and retain a strong, diverse and inclusive team that is truly representative of the F5 culture
- Empower the team to think beyond the routine
- Coach, mentor and guide the team in achieving their goals
- Hold yourself and the team to the highest standards of conduct
How you’ll do it
- Identify technical and soft skill requirements of the team and provide resources and guidance to build and develop their capabilities
- Develop and maintain strategic business engagement plans in partnership with internal teams, customers and partners
- Effectively manage resources to support business priorities
- Effectively partner with Sales Executives to identify new sales strategies and market opportunities
- Involve and engage with the key customers through the sales process
What you’ll bring?
- Outstanding presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex technologies
- Experience in a role that requires project management and negotiation skills, a plus
- Familiarity with F5 product suite a plus
- BS or BA degree or equivalent work experience
- ***TS/SCI clearance required****
What you’ll get?.
- This is a self-driven role, so career growth and development is available at every stage of your career.
- Competitive pay, family friendly benefits, and cool perks
- Culture of giving back, strong diversity and inclusion interest groups
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.The annual U.S. base pay range for this position is: $172,435.00 - $258,653.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity