Solutions Engineer III
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
The Sales Engineer (SE) is a technical role that is part of a highly technical sales team, which supports sales and promotes customer happiness. Primarily providing pre-sales technical support for the implementation of products/applications/solutions. This includes presentations, product demonstrations, assessment of potential application of F5 solutions, and the development of account plans.
- Act as a trusted advisor providing technical expertise through Sales presentations, Solution designs, Solution demonstrations, and Proof of Concepts
- Provide solution designs, and systems engineering configurations
- Develop and Maintain a high level of technical knowledge of F5 product set, the relevant industry, and Sales aptitude
- Design differentiating solutions and articulate technical and business value of F5 Solutions against competitors.
- Design technical solutions that can solve customer business problems or build a new service offering
- Participate in the development and support of content (presentations, WP’s, use cases…) for customers and partners
- Maintain knowledge of competitive landscape and share with peer group
- Champion a collaborative, team-based environment, sharing standard methodologies and success and building positive relationships
- Effectively negotiate and pursue conflict resolution
- Own or assist on Change Request (CR) and Customer Special Request (CSR) cases on behalf of customer
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Customer support activities include:
- Can articulate the F5 Sales Strategy, Messaging, and positioning F5 value proposition for customer business objectives
- Develop and manage trusted advisor relationships with customer technology staff and management
- Consistently provide outstanding customer service during pre-sales and post-sales activities
- Can deliver sales pitch/whiteboards at CxO level through to detailed technical staff
- Actively use Salesforce.com for each opportunity and named account
- Partner with sales team to develop and lead Technical Account Plan and/or Territory Account Plans
- Understand and effectively utilize F5 organizational resources
- Identify and qualify technical opportunities
- Influence Sales strategy
- Determine viability of opportunity and map out account political structure
Post sales activities include:
- Understand and follow critical issue process
- Partner with the F5 Technical Support and customers/partners to problem solve
- 8+ years related industry experience in a dynamic high-tech environment with a BA/BS or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ year pre-sales experience
- System administrator skills with UNIX, Microsoft or application knowledge
- Proven grasp of LAN and WAN networking protocols and technologies, including switching, routing, and security (e.g., Layer 4-7, firewall, DDoS, etc)
- Industry trends and cycles
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Industry and F5 Networks-targeted technologies i.e. Application Delivery Control, Application Access Control, SSL intercept/inspection, and Web Application Firewall Security.
- Good understanding of LTM, DNS, AFM and DDoS
- Application development experience with any of the following:
- Open source and public cloud technologies (Github, Ansible, AWS CFTs, Azure ARM templates, GCP, etc.)
- Modern development methodologies (Agile, CI/CD)
- Static and dynamic code analysis security technologies
- Applications written or refactored for containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties will require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require out of town travel up to 30% of the time.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.The annual U.S. base pay range for this position is: $146,774.00 - $220,162.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity