Services Architect (DDoS Mitigation)
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
The Security and Distributed Cloud (SDC) team at F5 seeks a DDoS Service Architect to offer technical guidance for our DDoS mitigation managed service offered to external customers. This service presently spans dozens of physical points of presence located worldwide. This is an existing but evolving service presently realized using third party products that we intend to augment using F5 technology.
This position will involve interfacing with the F5 BIG-IP development team to extend that platform’s capabilities within this space. Architects at F5 work closely with other architects and development teams to ensure hardware, software and product architectures are developed in line with the vision and future direction of the product lines and company. Thus the job focus will be split between understanding the current offering to guide tactical changes and guiding the development of larger strategic enhancements. This position will:
- Manage assigned projects and workflow of teams
- Serve as mentor to all engineering levels
- Partner with management on driving product timelines
- Participate in multi-functional design projects
- Serve as consultant to management of company planning concerning new and projected areas of technological research/advancement
- Generate and promotes new theories, concepts, principles and methodologies within specialty areas
- Present in both internal and external settings on product functionality and technical advancements
- Project long term technical direction and influence product roadmap.
- Serves as senior source of technical expertise to multiple project teams
- Helps detail all aspects of product design and ensures that resulting design specification fits into technical architectural framework
- Recommends and maintains technical design methodologies, processes, technologies and standards
- Leads, reviews and may direct the architecture of F5's key hardware and software components
- Prepare/analyze/architect product for future scalability
- Devises and develops new solutions that may involve cross-module dependencies
- Lead multi-functional design teams to develop new product as well as address design issues / maintenance of existing ones
- Regularly informs top management and senior external personnel on company’s technical capabilities and future direction
- Bring best industry practices and help navigate changing technologies and upcoming trends to create a strategic company product roadmap
- Integrates research and emerging business/industry trends into company product platforms
- F5 technology spokesperson at internal and external forums
- Creates formal networks with key decision makers and serves as external spokesperson for the organization
- Act as a mentor for other junior members in the team
- Support upper management as needed
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive experience with DDoS attack mitigations in a service provider environment required
- Experience with Arbor and Corero products required
- Experience with F5 BIG-IP strongly preferred
- Experience with Kubernetes container environments preferred
- Experience utilizing hardware accelerators to augment software solutions strongly preferred including a familiarity with identifying operations potentially offloaded by FPGAs and GPUs
- Experience designing globally distributed systems required
- Experience with software development in Linux environment required
- Strong practical networking experience required
- Internally and externally recognized as a premier technical, industry or product specialist
- Is well respected by key collaborators and peers across broader Product Development organization
- Experience leading complex product development initiatives from concept through release
- Exceptional problem solving and project management skills
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to mentor other engineers
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced high-performance environment
- Comfortable interacting with executive management
- Able to articulate product road map and technical differentiators to a wide audience
- Typically requires a minimum of 15 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 12 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 8 years experience; or equivalent experience.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.The annual U.S. base pay range for this position is: $210,638.00 - $315,956.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity