Software Engineering Intern
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
Become a force for a safer digital world and join a leading cybersecurity company!
The F5 NGINX Business Unit is searching for IT students who are interested in joining our internship program in Software Engineering in Cork.
This internship opportunity is designed to provide you with a hands-on opportunity to help us build real-world solutions across our enterprise and open-source projects, in a range of teams such as backend systems engineering or DevOps.
You’ll collaborate with leading software engineers to undertake challenging projects that will provide the opportunity for you to learn about new technologies, develop or enhance your skills, and help making the internet a safer place for everyone.
Whilst you are part of the program you will not only develop your technical skills but we also provide you with training to improve your soft skills. And to ensure you get the support you need, you’ll be assigned a personal mentor.
Your Typical Day May Involve:
- Work with a team in either Development, Testing, or DevOps in real-world projects
- Work closely with your team to design, code, and test robust, scalable, loosely coupled components that integrate into public and private cloud infrastructures and services
- Work on automating operational aspect of the services running in the cloud
- Focus efforts to optimize on-time delivery of features and fixes with high quality
- Work in an agile environment that enables development teams to iterate rapidly
- Currently studying for a bachelor’s or master’s degree related to IT
- Keen to apply your programming knowledge in Python, Go, C#, or Java, and further grow your technical skills.
We’d Love to Hear from You If You:
- Have a desire to learn new skills and develop yourself for future growth
- Have the aptitude to learn and adapt quickly to working in a constantly evolving environment
- Are highly motivated and goal-orientated to succeed both individually and as part of a highly successful fast growing team and company
Please submit your CV to the job posting. If you are selected, you’ll be invited to an in-person interview at our Cork office on November 14th.
Why You Will Love Working For Us:
- Training - You'll receive training to develop your technical as well as soft skills
- Wellness Weekends - we give you additional two days off per quarter (Friday and Monday) for you to regenerate. It's an 8 additional days per year
- Continuous Learning - you'll have the responsibility and autonomy to learn every day as we provide many opportunities for learning
- Mentoring - you'll get support from an experienced employee throughout the internship program
- Annual intern showcase event - you'll get the chance to work with other interns within the EMEA region on projects, present them to our leadership team and other F5 employees, and have fun together
- Flexibility - we offer an hybrid working environment including home-based work and collaboration time at our local office.
This will be a paid Internship for 8-9 months starting on February 1st.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity