IT Auditor II
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
Life at F5 is never dull. We are constantly identifying industry trends and disruptions, then innovating to get ahead of future customer needs—creating application services that help the world’s leading organizations deliver their critical business apps faster and with the highest levels of flexibility, security, performance, and support.
But our success isn’t driven solely by what we do. We also care deeply about how we do it. At F5, our culture is how we live, every single day. And it’s producing extraordinary results—not only for our customers but also for our employees. We understand that your life is about more than just work, so we’re committed to a culture that supports your whole life. We offer work/life integration programs like Freedom to Flex, dynamic employee inclusion groups, paid maternity/paternity leave, tuition assistance for professional development, a comprehensive mentoring program, rewards/recognition, and so much more. At F5, we truly do help each other thrive.
As an IT Internal Auditor, you will be responsible for executing individual internal audit projects with a focus on the examination and analysis of internal controls, risks, and processes related to F5’s information systems, IT infrastructure, and IT internal control environment. This position includes developing project scope, defining and executing internal audit procedures, preparing high quality reports to accurately reflect the work performed, and actively monitoring the status of outstanding issues. A primary focus of this position will be assisting with Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance within the IT organization (70%). The IT Internal Auditor will also assist Internal Audit Management in providing periodic reports to the Audit Committee and developing the annual internal audit plan.
- Execute all aspects of internal audit projects independently or as a part of a team, with management input and oversight.
- Evaluate compliance with policies, the design and effectiveness of controls, adherence to best practices, and identify, document and communicate associated issues, recommendations and process improvement opportunities.
- Perform Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) IT General Controls testing around key IT and automated business processes. SOX program includes collaboration with IT Compliance and external audit.
- Test key reports for completeness and accuracy through validation of report logic, source data, and input parameters.
- Develops an awareness of changes in IT audit practices, regulatory requirements, and IT Risk frameworks to understand their impact to auditing. (e.g. NIST Cybersecurity, Cloud Security Alliance, COBIT, ISO2700x).
- Provide valuable support to the business as a trusted advisor on process, risks, and controls prior to key process and system implementations.
- Develop clear and concise internal audit reports to communicate audit results.
- Leverage data analytics to provide valuable insight into the risk assessment and audit plan development process.
- Assist in special audits, consulting projects, or other assignments as requested.
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Adhere to the standards promulgated by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately ~10% required
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions
- Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management
- Ability to see the big picture while maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Understanding of internal auditing standards, COSO, COBIT and risk assessment practices
- Understanding of the technical aspects of accounting and financial reporting
- Ability to work on multiple projects with varying team members
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and planning skills
- Enterprise Resource Planning systems experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- 2+ years of IT audit or information technology experience in a public accounting firm or public company, with a focus on security, privacy, risk management, or controls
- CISA (preferred), CPA, CIA, CISM or CISSP
- Technology industry experience is a plus
- IT auditing skills or familiarity in at least one of the following areas: data analytics, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), system development & testing; UNIX; Windows; Oracle, SQL; Cyber Security including auditing an ISO 27001 Information Security Management System (ISMS).
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane
- Job requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous paid vacation time, paid holidays, and paid maternity and paternity leave
- 401K with company match
- Work/life integration programs like Freedom to Flex, dynamic employee inclusion groups, a comprehensive mentoring program, rewards/recognition, and more
- Quarterly Zoom Out Days to focus on personal and professional growth
- Global Good initiatives like employee matching, volunteer opportunities, and the F5 Foundation
- Tuition assistance for professional development
- Other perks like free transit cards, free vanpools, Social Fridays, etc.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity