Network Support Engineer II (CONUS)
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
At F5, you will be a part of our US National team of Network Support Engineers. We are seeking a seasoned and experienced Enterprise Support professional who provides remote technical assistance on F5 solutions to internal and customers and F5 Partners requiring support engineers that are part of the US National Support program.
US National NSE II’s handle multiple active cases of diverse scope where analysis of customer network environments and customer specific data requires a review of identifiable factors to arrive at a conclusion which can work around, restore or resolve the customer’s problem. US National NSE II’s aim is to keep customers satisfied. They exercise solid judgment within an ISO certified Quality Management System set of defined procedures in order to select the best methods amongst several possible methods and techniques, to build a plan of action and take appropriate action.
They receive little day to day instructions on their work, and general instructions on new projects or assignments.
Please review and acknowledge:
- This group of NSE's work on a SHIFT SCHEDULE between 4pm-8pm/PST start time to 4am/PST-8am/PST end time to ensure 24/7 coverage
- The US National NSE's will work a ”3-2-2-3” schedule (3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off)
- You must reside in the Greater Spokane, WA region and be able to commute to our Liberty Lake office location
- Unfortunately, we are not able to provide US work sponsorship for this opportunity at this time
This team is exceptionally proficient with several troubleshooting tools and equipment while providing resolutions to cases. They network with senior internal and external personnel and build strong working relationships internally, with their peers, Escalation Engineers, and Managers, or related F5 departments and externally, to customers and partners.
Lastly they provide communication to our customers, by phone, email and/or Zoom, and accept ownership of issues until a resolution is delivered, providing high customer satisfaction.
What will you do?
- Demonstrates good judgement to select the best methods and techniques to provide a diverse scope of technical support (Level 1 to Level 3) to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues on F5 product and services, based on data analysis of a complex set of customer specific factors.
- Proactively and effectively communicates status, plan-of-action, and resolution of issues based on an ISO Quality Management System defined set of procedures.
- Provides F5 customers and partners with a consistently high-quality support experience.
- Participates in on-going training with F5 products and related technologies.
- Maintains high schedule adherence (work hours and on-phone time)
- Effectively manages case escalations to tier 3 (Engineering Services) while maintaining customer communication, with limited assistance/mentoring from senior support personnel or management
- Manages multiple routine cases and prioritizes based upon customer and business needs
- Performs additional projects as required
Skills and Knowledge that will help you succeed and perform:
- Excellent customer service skills together with experience supporting corporate customers and service providers in production environments.
- Hands-on technical experience preferred with internetworking/data center operations including WAN operations (e.g., DNS, Open SSL, Cryptography, virtualization, etc.), Network Protocols, TCP/IP, OSI Model, UNIX or Linux (e.g., Redhat) operating systems, VMware or equivalent hypervisors and network hardware preferred. Potential for exposure to Network Security (e.g., Web Application Security, AAA, VPN, DDoS, Malware, Application Firewalls, etc.)
- Proficient with Windows OS
- Able to work under limited or little instructions on routine work.
- Evidence of building strong internal/external relationships within a team environment.
- Experience with a Customer Relationship Management system. Salesforce Service Cloud experience preferred.
- Analytical thinker with strong attention to detail
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently, including technical concepts and terminology. Multiple language skills a plus.
- Should be able to effectively relay technical information to customers of varying skill levels, including senior technical customer levels.
How do you qualify?
- Showcase 5 years’ experience in a professional technical support role or equivalent experience, working with relevant technologies
- Holding a 2nd Tier Academic Degree (bachelor’s BA/BS, Honors, Graduate Certificate or equivalent) preferred.
- Certification to 201 level certification is expected to be achieved at NSE II level in their core module area of expertise.
- Level 301 certification is preferred but not expected
Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
Duties require the ability to use a computer, communicate over the telephone via headset, and read printed material.
Working in an environment where work hours are scheduled shifts to provide 24x7 coverage for US National Support Program customers. This role is required to work outside of core business hours, including early morning, late evening, overnight, weekends, and/or holidays as needed.
Occasional travel may be required (5-10% of work time)
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.The annual U.S. base pay range for this position is: $66,503.00 - $99,755.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity