Solutions Engineer (Enterprise Accounts) (Bogotá)
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
Solutions Engineer – This is a hybrid role based out of Bogotá, Colombia.
The Solutions Engineer – Enterprise Accounts (SE) is a sales and technical role, part of an Enterprise-focused sales team, working with F5 end-user customers and partners.
The high-level objective is, together with an Enterprise Sales Manager and the region’s channel partners, to achieve the allocated sales target to a pre-defined, limited set of customers located in the assigned region. Critical to the success of this objective is the SE’s ability to work with F5 channel partners, building with them a regional sales eco-system by enabling them to drive F5 solutions sales to their customers independently and to operate as an extension of F5's sales team through effective sales and technical training, demand generation efforts and mutual business planning.
The SE's primary responsibility is to develop and deliver her/his sales team’s technical strategy for that set of accounts, ensuring that the best matching and business-effective F5 solutions are driven to our customers with the help of the region’s channel partners.
In customer engagements, the F5 Enterprise Accounts SE should always engage customers with a Consultative Sales approach and support the partner SE. This approach requires that the SE works to proactively listen, learn, and fully understand the business and technical solutions that the customer has implemented to be able to identify the customer’s key “pain points,” their business and technical challenges, and the gain achieved by implementing an F5 solution. The SE should be able to discuss technical and business benefits and not just technical features, establishing a valued relationship so she/he becomes a trusted advisor to her/his partners.
Teamwork is key to success; hence, the SE should jointly, and as a means to develop the region’s channel partners, the SE should jointly, in support of the partner sales team, support the sales process. Also, as we always sell through our channel partners, the proposed solutions should be jointly defined with the partner sales team’s close participation to create business value propositions that address and solve real customers’ needs.
Regarding knowledge, the SE needs to have solid technical skills in F5 key solutions’ use cases and the broader ecosystem that we work with. But, while the SE is expected to be able to handle requests around the whole set of F5 solutions, we expect that she/he works towards building deeper expertise only in a very reduced set of use-cases (Prime Solution), becoming the regional expert for the chosen use-cases, supporting other SEs just like she/he will also be supported by other experts in other key use-cases. Strong technical skills are prerequisites and should continuously be enhanced as F5 provides training and certification opportunities.
- Understand the customer’s needs and business goals, and then design a technical solution that can create new customer service or solve customer business problems
- As a trusted advisor, provide Technical expertise through sales presentations, Solution designs, Solution demonstrations, Proof of Concepts
- Design differentiating solutions and articulate the business value of F5 Solutions
- Provide solution designs and systems engineering configurations
- Participate in the development and support of content (presentations, VPs, use cases…) for customers and partners
- Develop and maintain a high level of technical knowledge of F5, the relevant industry, and Sales aptitude
- Foster a collaborative, team-based environment, sharing best practices and success and building lasting relationships
- Maintain knowledge of the competitive landscape and share knowledge
- Actively utilize SE tools: Salesforce.com, Hive, email groups, and other SE Readiness programs
- Understand and effectively utilize F5 organizational resources
- Effectively negotiate and pursue conflict resolution
- Uphold F5’s Business Code of Ethics; promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies
Channel Partner support activities include:
- Work in collaboration with Channel and Sales management to establish channel partners and to qualify partner’s ability to sell F5 solutions
- Influence Sales strategy by recommending the most appropriate technical strategy for each partner
- Help establish and execute the partner’s Business Plan previously agreed upon
- Develop and maintain trusted advisor relationships with partner technology staff and management
- Support F5 channel partner sales initiatives
- Provide channel partners with technical expertise and oversight as required
- Provide channel partners recurrent training on selected, focus, F5 solutions
Customer support activities include:
- Can articulate the F5 Sales Strategy, Messaging, and Positioning of F5 solutions and their value proposition that address customer business objectives
- Can deliver sales pitches/whiteboards at the CxO level.
- Can identify and qualify technical opportunities
- It can help determine the viability of opportunity and map out political structure.
Post-sales activities include:
- Understand and follow F5’s support case escalation process
- Partner with the F5 Technical Support, guiding customers and partners on how they can more quickly resolve their cases
- Always keep a “Customer first” mentality and attitude
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Expert written and oral communication skills
- Expert presentation skills
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of:
- Industry and F5 Networks-targeted technologies
- Network & Multi-Cloud Design
- Networking technologies (switching & routing), SNMP, and Syslog
- Identity Management and Federation technologies (AD, Radius, TACACS+, LDAP, SAML, OAuth)
- Network Security (Firewall, IDS/IPS)
- Application Security (WAF)
- DNS, HTTP, SSL & TLS, TCP/IPDemonstrate proficiency in:
- Network and Server Virtualization Technologies
- Active Directory & Domain Design
- Programming/scripting languages like Python, TCL, Java, Perl, C/C++, etc.
- Automation and Orchestration tools, such as Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Terraform, etc.
- AWS, Azure & Google Cloud Platform
- Configuration and troubleshooting of servers
- 5+ years of related industry experience
- 3+ years of pre-sales experience, especially through reseller channels
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity