Support Engineer - Premium Services
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mindset.
The Enterprise Account Engineer (EAE) provides remote technical assistance on F5 products and fosters strong technical relationships with their assigned Premium Plus customers. EAEs also provide assistance to other internal and external customers and F5 partners as requested. EAEs handle multiple active cases and provide daily customer communication via phone and email. Work hours are scheduled shifts to ensure coverage of stated Premium Plus hours of support and may be asked to work after hours for planned customer work. EAEs provide superior communication to our customers, and accept ownership of issues until a resolution is delivered, driving highest level of customer satisfaction. Premium Plus EAEs possess technical experience with a number of F5 products or equivalent technologies. They are a technical resource for less experienced engineers and contribute to the overall success of their support team.
- Acts as primary technical contact for assigned Premium Plus customers
- Provides proactive knowledge transfer during weekly open case review calls and as needed for assigned customers
- Partners with Premium Plus SDM to ensure consistent support experience and messaging from the F5 Service Delivery Organization
- Provides expert level technical expertise to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues on F5 devices
- Proactively and effectively communicates status, plan-of-action, and resolution of issues
- Maintains high schedule adherence availability for Premium Plus Customers
- Participates in on-going training with F5 products and related technologies
- Available on call (after hours) for Premium Plus customer’s planned maintenance window as needed and determined with SDM partnership
- Effectively partners with designated ENE and manages case escalations to tier 3 (Engineering Services) while maintaining customer communication
- Performs code reviews for P+ customers as requested; involving SDM and/or ES as needed
- Manages multiple cases and prioritizes based upon customer and business needs
- Contributes to the success of the Service Delivery Team through mentoring and training activities, including:
- - Case reviews with newer engineers with a focus on training them in best practices
- - Mentoring team members in newer F5 technologies and advanced troubleshooting methods
- Advanced knowledge of F5 Products and multi-tiered architectures including testing and reproductions
- Travel to customer sites as needed for Quarterly Business Reviews
- Travel to customer sites as needed to provide technical assistance
- Follows standards-based processes defined in F5’s Quality Management System (QMS)
- Performs additional projects as required
- Preferred 4 to 6 years experience in a technical support role, working with relevant technologies
- Experience directly supporting F5 technologies highly desirable
- Certification on any of the following F5 products; LTM, GTM, ASM, APM, and knowledge of additional F5 technologies (AFM, FP, EM, etc.) a plus
- Technical experience with corporate customers in production environments required
- Excellent customer communication and advocacy skills
- On-hands technical experience with LAN/WAN operations, Network protocols, UNIX or Linux Operating Systems, and/or networking hardware required
- Undergraduate Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be very knowledgeable in UNIX and multiple distros of Linux. Red Hat Linux preferred
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP protocols and the OSI model
- Proficient with Windows OS
- Expert level knowledge of supported F5 product (LTM and GTM or EM)
- Demonstrate experience and expert-level knowledge with enterprise architectures
- Knowledge of DNS protocol/BIND
- Demonstrated knowledge of high availability architectures, VLANS and Routing (L2/L3) and TCP/IP required
- Able to work with little to no supervision
- Proven track record in a team environment
- Must be able to show good judgment skills and the ability to put the customer first
- Must be a self starter and show initiative with the ability to work past barriers
- Analytical thinker with strong attention to detail
- Must be able to relay technical information to customers and peers with varying skill levels
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Ability to utilize a computer keyboard
- Communicate on the telephone via headset
- Ability to read material on computer monitor
- Ability to read printed material
- This role may be required to work outside of core business hours, including early morning, late evening, overnight, weekends, and/or holidays as needed
- Some travel will be required (5%-10%)
F5 Networks is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity