Senior Organizational Change Manager
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
We seek a highly skilled and experienced Senior Organizational Change Management (OCM) leader to join the Business Transformation Office (BTO)! The BTO is an enterprise function that drives initiatives tied to F5’s strategic priorities by providing program management, organizational change management, and business process optimization. This role will build the OCM capability for F5 – developing the strategy, frameworks, and tools – that will enable business readiness, engagement, and adoption of changes associated with enterprise-wide initiatives. This role will also roll up their sleeves to drive and lead the successful execution of complex organizational change initiatives. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of change management methodologies and the ability to refine standard methodologies to fit F5's unique culture and climate best. This role must have exceptional leadership skills, a proven track record of guiding large-scale transformation efforts, and effective people-centric facilitation/engagement skills. As the leader of F5’s OCM function, you will be pivotal in ensuring the adoption and sustainability of changes that drive business growth and enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Design and develop the OCM capability for F5, including the overall strategy, approach, framework, tools, processes, and templates – that will be leveraged to ensure business readiness and successful adoption for large-scale enterprise initiatives.
- Identify an approach to talent and resourcing with specific change resources (FTEs and/or vendors) and leverage existing roles and functions within BTO and throughout F5.
- Provide expert guidance, management, and mentorship to change management team members and the broader F5 change community, ensuring alignment with change strategy and methodologies.
- Lead and manage the development and execution of comprehensive change management strategies and plans for major organizational initiatives that impact people, processes, and technology.
- Collaborate with program managers and business leadership to define change objectives, identify stakeholders, and assess the impact of changes.
- Conduct thorough change impact assessments and stakeholder analyses to design the appropriate methods to achieve the associated behaviors and attitudes to sustain the change.
- Leverage human-centered design principles to anticipate stakeholder needs and continuously evaluate opportunities to improve the customer experience.
- Identify potential risks in change initiatives and devise mitigation strategies.
- Develop and deliver targeted communication materials, including presentations, town halls, and training programs, to prepare and keep employees informed and engaged throughout the change process.
- Facilitate workshops, focus groups, and feedback sessions to gather insights and feedback from stakeholders to demonstrate and advance F5's culture of learning through continuous improvement.
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness of change management efforts, utilizing data-driven insights to make informed adjustments and recommendations.
- Stay informed about industry trends and best practices related to OCM and integrate relevant insights into change strategies, approaches, frameworks, tools, processes, and templates.
- Serve as a change advocate and coach, promoting a positive mindset and building organizational change management capabilities.
- Partner with HR, training, and communication teams to ensure seamless integration of change management initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Deep understanding of established change management methodologies (such as ADKAR, Kotter’s 8-Step Process, or Lewin’s Change Management Model), tools, and best practices, with the ability to adapt them to unique organizational contexts, such as F5’s culture, values, and history.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to inspire and guide change management team members to achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated facilitation skills – effectively leading workshops, meetings, and training sessions.
- Strong interpersonal skills, high emotional intelligence, and ability to influence and build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to listen actively, understand concerns and feedback from all organizational levels, and identify solutions.
- Demonstrated experience designing and delivering effective communication and engagement plans to facilitate organizational transitions.
- Excellent communication skills across written, verbal, and presentation formats to various audiences, from project team members to executives. Ability to convey complex change initiatives in a simple and digestible manner to various audiences.
- Proven proficiency in change management tools to support planning, tracking, and reporting.
- Working knowledge of project management tools and frameworks, ensuring change initiatives stay on track.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze data to measure adoption and engagement.
- Strong strategic thinking and business acumen, with a holistic view of how change impacts organizational performance and goals.
- Strong understanding of enterprise-level processes and the interplay between functions, particularly Product Management and Engineering, Customer Support, Customer Success, Sales, Marketing, Technology Services, Finance, and Accounting.
- Strong commitment to cultural awareness and the ability to work effectively in diverse environments and with multicultural teams.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- MBA or equivalent desired
- Certification in Change Management (e.g., CCMP, Prosci) is highly desirable.
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in leading and executing organizational change initiatives
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.The annual U.S. base pay range for this position is: $138,348.00 - $207,522.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity