Sr Security Software Engineer
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
F5 is looking for a Sr Security Engineer for Security Architecture and Isolation on F5’s multi-tenant Edge 2.0 platform. You would be responsible for crafting and maintaining clean security architecture, performing in-depth security impact analysis, ensuring isolation and prevent cross-contamination across tenants. This platform provides a global, scalable, and secure way to deploy applications to multiple tenants at the same time!
In this position you will be the primary engineer involved in various areas of security architecture and be point-of-contact for all things isolation when it comes to multi-tenancy. Starting to sound exciting?
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with software architects, security defenders, Operations, SRE, compliance professionals, and business leaders to understand the logical boundaries of the systems and isolation requirements as imposed by compliance or general business risk mitigation strategies.
- Craft, document, and maintain clean security architecture that can protect the platform as well as customers from rogue insiders and/or customers.
- Perform in-depth security impact analysis of new features and capabilities.
- Craft and perform tests that verify effectiveness of controls that prevent insiders or customers from gaining unauthorized access to the platform and/or other customers’ data (confidentiality/Privacy and Integrity).
- Build and supervise honeypots to detect compromised assets.
- Participate in defining and executing the Incident Response Plan.
- Provide technical leadership on security standard methodologies around separation of duties, software and system isolation, privacy, system integrity, etc.
- Provide compliance team vital support to document processes and controls in place for the security of the platform.
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar field with 6+ years of experience.
- Experienced with SaaS-based Multi-tenant systems.
- Hands on experience with one of the following programming languages: C++, Java, Golang.
- Good understanding of Linux OS security controls, Docker and Kubernetes Security Architecture, microservices.
- Experience reviewing software architecture and performing security impact analyses.
- Experience with access management on AWS, Google, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, GitHub, GitLab, etc.
- Good understanding of complexities and security challenges in large-scale distributed systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, team building, and mentoring skills.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.The annual U.S. base pay range for this position is: $159,297.00 - $238,945.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity