Director, Strategic Supply Chain
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
You will be responsible for all our materials and supply chain functions including the development and implementation of the supply chain strategy on a worldwide basis for all hardware products produced by our CM. As a leader, you will develop strategies to improve supply chain effectiveness, continuity of supply, cost savings, process control, scalability, and long term viability of the supply chain. This position also leads commodity procurement, MRO procurement and some NPI procurement.
What will you do?
- Management duties include the supervision of exempt and/or nonexempt level staff. This includes but is not limited to, conducting performance evaluations, approving paid time-off (PTO), assigning or delegating work, providing on-the-job training, giving guidance to staff, conducting performance improvement plans, taking disciplinary action, and interviewing talent for open positions.
- Establish Global Sourcing Strategy and Policy by Commodity
- Liaise with Engineering Communities to align sourcing strategy with product life cycle technology roadmaps to optimize PPV generation potential and overall efficiencies of F5’s global supply chain.
- Develop Supplier Management framework for accreditation/preference status.
- Architect the company's framework for the continuous evolution and advancement of supply partnerships.
- Commercial Market Analysis: Obtain market information and intelligence for Cost Engineering and Quotation Management in terms of market trends
- Last Time Buy and obsolescence/excess due diligence
- PPV (Piece Part Variance) Avoidance
- Negotiation of strategic parts for EMS (Electronic Management System) – direct with vendors
- Development and facilitation of EMS quarterly Cost Reduction Plans
- Facilitate cross functional Annual business reviews of key suppliers
- Continually improve supplier scorecard process
- Delivery of Cost Reduction Targets; Direct and through CM including CM labor and other costs
- Establish and maintain global negotiation processes and methodology, supported by purchasing contract, policy and service level procedures
- Best in Class Pricing & Terms (payment, flexibility and liability)
- Benchmarking tactics and processes
- Robust component and product price maintenance procedures integrated with quotation management and cost accounting functions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Highly motivated individual with experience in a Commercial Purchasing Environment with demonstrated track record in the negotiation and delivery of cost reductions.
- Confirmed organizational and interpersonal skills - a consistent record in personnel management practices, strong skill planning and staff development.
- Experience in commercial negotiation. Direct familiarity of EMS style negotiation tactics and strategies.
- Proven understanding of product and component cost structures, bill of materials and total cost of acquisition models and the ability to identify key cost drivers.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field; MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in key Commodity/Purchasing roles at a senior level with demonstrated increasingly broader roles and responsibilities.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table. Responsibilities require the ability to travel up to 80% via automobile and airplane, and may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends). Job requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.The annual U.S. base pay range for this position is: $177,712.00 - $266,568.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity