Major Account Manager
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mindset.
This is a strategic sales position requiring an in-depth knowledge of how technology is used to enable business goals or overcome business challenges. Position requires strategic thinking/planning coupled with tactical execution of identified business opportunities. Responsible for managing all facets of the relationship with large key accounts (of significant strategic importance to the organization) while ensuring revenue goals are being met. Maintains contact at relevant levels in the accounts focusing on strategic nature of the relationship. Must be able to build and maintain relationships effectively and communicate at all levels. Develops opportunities across the F5 solution portfolio while effectively selling solutions and services using technical, organizational and customer knowledge to influence and build trusting relationships. Able to partner effectively, and tactically, with Systems Integrators, large Service Providers and regional VARs based on need or required value. This is typically an individual contributor role and is a quota carrying role.
- Primary point-of-contact for major accounts regardless of account’s geographic location. Maintains contact with account at a high, executive level, focusing on the strategic nature of the relationship.
- Sells the organization’s products or services to and maintains relationships with existing national named accounts. Responsible for expanding and retaining named accounts while ensuring ongoing customer service.
- Responsible for identifying and qualifying long-term and short-term business opportunities and pro-actively identifying and addressing competitive threats
- Prepares formal proposals and presentations, presents to all levels of the organization including executives, leads negotiations, coordinates complex decision making processes and overcomes objectives to closure, and closes sales in a professional and effective manner
- Responsible for significant key partner relationship management and development. Facilitate executive-level relationships between the customer, F5 and its partners including; facilitating communication on strategic and tactical issues and maintaining continuity
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, technical developments and government regulations that effect target markets
- Must understand organization’s business needs, develop application of products and services and communicate how F5’s technical value added solutions will address those needs
- Research and develop lists of potential customers within an organization; regularly follow-up on leads and developing leads, and act to close deals
- Determine market strategies and goals for each product and service; understanding the strategies, goals and objectives of named accounts
- Assume a leadership role in coordinating account strategy and tactics for sales support team (inside sales, systems engineering, sales management)
- Assume full responsibility for accurate sales forecasting by demonstrating in depth knowledge of sales cycles from initial contact through the procurement process, ensure SalesForce is utilized appropriately and maintained on a regular basis
- Develop and maintain detailed account profiles including organizational charts for all accounts to be reviewed by management on a quarterly basis
- Develops strategy for sustained management and success of business and coordinates resources to ensure goals are met
- Provides regular updates to senior sales and operations staff concerning account issues, financial status
- Meet and exceed sales quotas and revenue goals
- May be a team leader and provide leadership to the sales team focused on the strategic global or national account(s)
- Considered a trusted resource by customer base and an expert in the field
- Has credibility to influence at senior levels within named account e.g. Senior Executive/Board/Chair
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Significant direct work experience in a relevant environment
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Requires specialized knowledge in networking products, preferably those of F5
- Experience with Internet related software or systems
- Excellent negotiation and closing skills
- Excellent solution selling and presentation abilities
- Excellent client interfacing and customer-focused approach
- Ability to provide and work from a home office located within the territory
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material. Duties require the ability to travel up to 60% via automobile and airplane, and may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends)
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity