Senior Portfolio Manager
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
The Senior Portfolio Manager is responsible for managing and governing our portfolio of strategic technology initiatives across value streams. In this position, you will work cross functionally with other leaders (typically Directors and above), to establish and maintain our intake process, our portfolio management function, and be a key contributor to our funding and investment governance process. The processes and tools you contribute to establishing will enable data-driven decision making to optimize business outcomes. You will also monitor the delivery of a portfolio of Opportunities and Epics to ensure optimal portfolio performance while meeting established schedules.
What You’ll Do
• Contribute to defining and operationalizing the portfolio management function within F5 Technology Services
• Engage and align department leaders involved in or impacted by the ongoing planning, scoping, estimating, prioritizing, and funding of work that aligns with F5’s strategic priorities • Align the organization on a standard intake and portfolio planning and management process
• Lead portfolio governance for assigned portfolio of Value Stream(s) to provide to enable effective forecasting, spend decision making, and measurement
• Manage the flow of opportunity and epics at the portfolio level (i.e., make the portfolio visible, help identify bottlenecks, and minimize WIP)
• Create accountability and ownership amongst the teams to shape and deliver value to the organization
• Collect, review, and report portfolio-level metrics to TS Leadership • Facilitate portfolio-level ceremonies (Monthly Portfolio Sync, Quarterly Strategic Portfolio Review)
• Contribute information and insights to the standard budgeting process to meet financial targets and expectations.
• Drive continuous improvement at the program and portfolio level and promote agility, while balancing the need for predictability and accountability
• Lead / participate in status presentations to senior leadership and other stakeholders
• Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
• Performs other related duties as assigned. The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
What You’ll Bring
• Demonstrable ability to listen to multiple stakeholders with varied interests, reflect upon feedback and respond productively.
• Exhibit servant leadership skills to collaborate with others towards a unified vision.
• Experience in collaborating and achieving results in a highly matrixed, complex organization, where leadership extends beyond direct reporting lines.
• Ability to use a variety of communication tools and techniques to present complex ideas to senior leaders, anticipate the potential objections and address stakeholder concerns to ensure alignment and harmonization.
• Experience with portfolio management tools and agile delivery tools (e.g., ADO, Jira) • Excellent presence, leadership, organization, and communication.
• Experience creating/managing portfolio management dashboards • Experience managing within and across value streams
• Experience affecting change in organizations working towards agile adoption
• Strong experience and knowledge with the following:
o Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or Google Suite (Sheets) o Agile Tools (e.g. Azure Dev Ops, Kanban Boards, Trello, Jira, Rally, etc.)
o Program/Portfolio Management Tools (e.g. Clarity PPM, ServiceNow, HP PPM) o Contract and Invoice Management Tools (Procurement Tools)
o Financial Management Tools Qualifications • Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field Job Description
• 10+ years of leadership experience in the disciplines of Strategy, Portfolio Management, Program Management, Business Analysis.
• 8+ years leadership and management, with ability to set business goals and measure results • 8+ year's budget management experience
• Have effectively communicated portfolio progress to stakeholders and executive-level leaders, including engaging in difficult conversations
• Experience conducting fact-based analyses to identify trends, variances, and issues • Have built trust and leveraged influence to shape and drive stakeholder expectations • Have participated in strategic planning and road mapping sessions with senior stakeholders • Preferred Certifications: o SAFe LPM certification desired o PMP, PfMP, Scrum, Six Sigma are a plus
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity