Major Account Manager (SLED)
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
**This is a remote role, however the candidate needs to be located in Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, New England, or Boston**
The Major Account Manager role is a strategic sales position requiring an in-depth knowledge of how technology is used to enable business goals or overcome business challenges. This position requires strategic thinking/planning and tactical execution of identified business opportunities. You will run all facets of the relationship with named or large key accounts (of significant strategic importance to the organization) while meeting revenue goals. You will maintain contact at relevant levels in the accounts, focusing on the strategic nature of the relationship. You will build and manage relationships effectively and communicate at all levels. You will develop opportunities across the F5 solution portfolio while effectively selling solutions and services using technical, organizational, and customer knowledge to influence and build trusting relationships. You can partner effectively and tactically with Systems Integrators, large Service Providers, and regional VARs based on need or required value. This is typically an individual contributor role. This is a quota-carrying role.
- Primary point-of-contact for major account/(s) regardless of account’s geographic location. Maintains contact with an account at a high executive level, focusing on the strategic nature of the relationship
- Sells the organization’s products or services and maintains relationships with existing national named accounts. Responsible for rapidly growing and retaining named accounts while ensuring ongoing customer service.
- Responsible for identifying and qualifying long-term and short-term business opportunities and aggressively identifying and addressing competitive threats
- Prepares formal proposals and presentations, presents to all levels of the organization, including executives, leads negotiations, coordinates complex decision-making processes, overcomes objectives to closure, and closes sales in a professional and effective manner
- Responsible for significant key partner relationship management and development. Facilitate executive-level relationships between the customer, F5, and its partners, including; facilitating communication on strategic and tactical issues and maintaining continuity
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, technical developments, and government regulations that affect target markets
- Deep understanding of the organization’s business needs, develop the application of products and services, and communicate how our technical solutions will address those needs
- Research and develop lists of potential customers within an organization; regularly follow-up on leads and developing leads, and act to close deals
- Figure out market strategies and goals for each product and service; understand the strategies, goals, and objectives of named accounts
- Assume a leadership role in coordinating account strategy and tactics for the sales support team (inside sales, systems engineering, sales management)
- Assume full responsibility for accurate sales forecasting by demonstrating in-depth knowledge of sales cycles from initial contact through the procurement process, ensure SalesForce is utilized appropriately and maintained on a regular basis
- Develop and maintain detailed account profiles, including organizational charts for all accounts to be reviewed by management every quarter
- Develops strategy for sustained management and success of the business and coordinates resources to ensure goals are met
- Partner with our internal and external teams and channels to develop creative technical solutions to improve F5´s footprint and Customer-dependent account
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies
- Perform other related duties as assigned
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong negotiation and closing skills
- Strong solution selling and presentation abilities
- Advanced client interfacing and customer-focused approach
- Strong Influencing skills
- Experienced selling skills in a complex matrix environment
- Demonstrates effective use of internal relationships and resources
- Strong ability to effectively lead time and prioritize workload, develop and manage pipeline and forecasting
- Ability to provide and work from a home office located within the territory
- Requires specialized knowledge in networking products, preferably those of F5
- Experience with Internet-related software or systems
- 8+ years of direct work experience in a relevant environment
- BA/BS degree preferred
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.The annual U.S. base pay range for this position is: $129,794.00 - $194,690.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity