Technical Trainer (LATAM)
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
Our Education Services team delivers F5’s technical training courses to F5's customers, partners, and employees in the use of complex situations for all current F5 products in both classroom lectures and hands-on laboratory sessions. Our role will provide opportunities to engage with our customers and work in partnership across internal teams to deliver course material and lead hands-on lab activities in a classroom setting. Our team collaborates on delivery and development techniques and contributes to the team’s certification preparation.
Day to Day:
- Set up and configure the vital software, hardware, and networks to support our high standards of training course delivery.
- Partner with external and internal resources in learning F5 courses and customizing standard curriculum to meet specific needs.
- Show judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining course objectives and desired outcomes.
- Tailor training materials from engineering documentation, field services requirements or software documentation.
- Contribute to development of F5 add-on training content on new products or features.
- Collaborate closely with our content development team in courseware creation and feedback.
What you will bring to our team:
- A passion and aptitude for teaching, especially advanced technical concepts.
- Relevant training experience in a technical classroom environment.
- Excellent presentation skills for in-person and remote classes.
- In depth knowledge of network, web and browser security including a practical knowledge of SSL, DoS, WAFs, SSO and deployment methods.
- Working knowledge of industry-standard DevOps practices and cloud native application environments including Kubernetes.
- A technical understanding of routers, switches, bridges, firewalls, and proxies.
- Previous experience working with UNIX and Microsoft Server operating systems. Experience with NGINX is a plus.
- Excellent skills with TCP/IP including the capturing and analyzing application traffic on the wire.
- Familiarity with presentation tools including MS Office and Zoom.
- Capability to attain F5 Certification products and solutions within 2 years.
- Prior certification in Cisco, Microsoft, or network security products at a technical trainer level is a plus.
- Language skills: ability to teach classes in English and Spanish.
- BS in engineering or equivalent working experience.
Our Work Environment:
Job may be performed in F5 training rooms, onsite at customer facilities, or in other office environments including home office. There will be regular use of a computer keyboard, communicate in person and over the telephone and on video conferencing, and read printed material in English. Some travel via automobile and airplane approximately up to 20% of the time depending on customer demand. This job will require an ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
***This hybrid role requires onsite work 30 days per quarter***
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity