Sr. Solutions Engineer, Enterprise Accounts
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
***This is a remote role***
F5 technologies are at the heart of modern applications that are enabling digital transformation across the globe. We give the world’s largest businesses, service providers, governments, and consumer brands the ability to deliver every app, anywhere—with confidence securely. We work collaboratively in an innovative environment, helping each other succeed. We take immense pride in being trusted advisers to our customers, offering the best solutions for their interests. We would love to talk to you if our mission and culture excite you!
About our job descriptions
When applying for any of the roles in F5, please note that our ideal candidate does not necessarily meet all the posted requirements. In fact, this is just a representation of how we know the job has been done in the past. Reach out, even if you don’t check all the boxes here but believe you bring your own unique capabilities that can be utilized to ensure the success of the position and the organization.
The SE Job Overview:
The Solutions Engineer (SE) in the Financial Services vertical at F5 is a sales and technical role focusing on the largest financial services customers in the U.S. The SE’s primary responsibility is to support the sales team with technical skills and provide technical knowledge around F5 solutions to our customers. An SE needs to have excellent technical skills and knowledge of F5 products and the “eco-system” we work in to be effective. Fear not; we provide training and certification to keep abreast with these critical skills!
The high-level objective is to achieve the allocated sales target and sell relevant F5 solutions and products to our customer's business needs in partnership with the Sales Account Manager. From our customer(s) perspective, the SE is a trusted adviser who proactively learns and understands their technical and business challenges and can propose effective solutions to mitigate their concerns/offer gainful solutions. The F5 SE presents technical features and business benefits in the Technical Value Proposition.
Sounds interesting? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Articulate the F5 product strategy, messaging, and positioning of F5’s value proposition and solutions for customer business objectives
- Provide technical expertise through sales presentations, solution designs, solution demonstrations, and proof of concepts by various mediums – in-person/virtual presentations, whiteboards etc
- Determine viability of opportunity and map out organizational structure.
- Drive the sales process in partnership with the Account Manager by identifying the Technical Decision Maker getting their technical validation, support, and sponsorship.
- Consistently provide world-class customer service through the customer life cycle.
- Work collaboratively with internal technical and sales resources, share best practices updates, and offer and seek expertise as the need arises in various opportunities.
How you’ll do it:
- Experience with F5 Products, including BIG-IP (LTM, GTM/DNS, APM, SSLO, and ASM/AWAF)
- Advanced knowledge of ADCs and TCP/IP networking
- Experience with F5 iRules and other customizations
- Advanced F5 solution knowledge and how to effectively use them to solve customer challenges
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of related industry experience
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity/experience with F5 or similar industry solution deployment a plus
- Relevant certifications a plus
What you’ll get:
- This is a self-driven role, so career growth and development is available at every career stage.
- Competitive pay, family-friendly benefits, and cool perks
- Tuition assistance for professional development
- Culture of giving back, strong diversity and inclusion interest groups
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.The annual U.S. base pay range for this position is: $167,282.00 - $250,922.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity