Solutions Engineer (SLED) (North East)
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
****This is a remote role working out of New England, Philly, Boston, or Pittsburg ****
About the Company:
F5 technologies are at the heart of modern applications that are enabling digital transformation across the globe. We give the world’s largest businesses, service providers, governments, and consumer brands the ability to deliver every app- anywhere—confidently and securely. We work collaboratively in an innovative environment, helping each other succeed. We take great pride in being trusted advisers to our customers, offering the best solutions for their interests. We would love to talk with you if our mission and culture excite you!
About our Job Postings:
When applying for any of the roles in F5, please note that our ideal candidate does not necessarily meet all the posted requirements. In fact, this represents how we know the job has been done in the past. We would love to talk to you even if you don’t check all the boxes here, but we believe you bring your own unique capabilities that can be utilized to ensure the success of the role and the organization.
The SE Job Overview:
The Solutions Engineer (SE) is a sales and technical role focused on customers/partners and is part of the sales organization. The SE’s primary responsibility is to support the sales team with technical skills and provide technical knowledge around F5 solutions to our customers. An SE must have excellent technical skills and knowledge of F5 products and the “eco-system” we work in to be effective. Fear not, we provide training and certification to keep abreast with these critical skills!
The high-level objective is to achieve the allocated sales target and sell relevant F5 solutions and products to address our customer's business needs in partnership with the Sales Account Manager. From our customers’ perspectives, the SE is a trusted adviser who proactively learns and understands their technical and business challenges and proposes effective solutions to address their concerns. The F5 SE presents the technical capabilities and business benefits in the technical value proposition.
Sound interesting? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Articulate the F5 product strategy, messaging, and positioning F5’s value proposition and solutions for customer business objectives
- Provide technical expertise through sales presentations, solution designs, solution demonstrations, and proofs of concept by various mediums: in-person, virtual presentations, whiteboarding etc.
- Determine viability of opportunity and map out organizational structure.
- Drive the sales process in partnership with the Account Manager by identifying the Technical Decision Maker getting their technical validation, support, and sponsorship.
- Consistently provide world-class customer service through the customer life cycle.
- Work collaboratively with internal technical and sales resources, share best practices and updates, and offer and seek expertise as the need arises in various opportunities.
How you’ll do it:
- Experience with Data Center, Virtualization, and Cloud computing environments
- Experience in secure Cloud architectures in AWS, Azure, GCP, or other public clouds
- Experience with multi-cloud design
- Experience with cloud instrumentation and configuration management tools for deployment, such as GKE, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- Experience with DevOps, CI/CD, and SCM tools
- Detailed understanding of Web Protocols – HTTP/TLS/SSL
- Experience with web application security
What you’ll bring:
- 8 + years of related industry experience
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity/experience with F5 or similar industry solution deployment is a plus
- Relevant certifications are a plus
What you’ll get:
- While we encourage remote/virtual meetings, the nature of the role could require travel up to 30% of the time (once travel is safe again, considering COVID-19), and working across time zones
- This is a self-driven role, so career growth and development are available at every stage.
- Competitive pay, family-friendly benefits, and cool perks
- Tuition assistance for professional development
- Culture of giving back, strong diversity and inclusion interest groups
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.The annual U.S. base pay range for this position is: $146,774.00 - $220,162.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity