Service Delivery Manager
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
The Services Delivery Manager is an integral member of the F5 Support team, leading the relationship within F5 and between the customer’s operational and leadership groups. The Services Delivery Manager is expected to continually develop and strengthen the relationships held to increase long-term partnerships through pro-active and personable interactions. They are a leader within our teams and coordinate recourses for a world class customer experience.
Sounds interesting? Read on!
What You’ll Do:
- Be accountable for operational results of F5, particularly Customer Satisfaction, renewal and additional sales success.
- Work in partnership with the customer to develop and drive customer service improvement plans.
- Review and report any service delivery failures or customer issues.
- Ensure high customer satisfaction on all support related interactions by managing the team to the processes and standards outlined in F5’s Quality Management System.
- Schedule customer maintenances and ensure appropriate quality checks have been completed.
- Manage customer interaction by coordinating communication internally and externally with various F5 stakeholders, directing issues to resolution.
- Ability to translate engineering deliverables into executive communication and lead situations when they go off track.
- Manage executive updates, post incident follow-up, internal and external communication professionally instilling confidence and account control.
- Effectively deliver Enhanced Services with Consulting and/or the Account Management deliverables with terrific customer service.
- Lead deployment and post-deployment relationship of Enhanced Services partnering with customers and potential partners.
- Be a point person for the customer and account team on items related to Support.
- Organize and chair weekly/monthly/quarterly service delivery meetings.
- Proven track record in managing indirect reports in a dynamic and focused way.
- Analyze data to develop a Service Delivery Plan for each customer to ensure outcomes are measurable.
- Deliver and lead key metrics and tasks which improve and deliver stability for customers as well as leading best practice efforts within the same environments.
- Ensure appropriate documentation is in place for specific support requirements.
- Analyze data including service delivery failures and produce incident reports when required to make recommendations for improvement.
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What You’ll Bring:
- 8 years + customer management experience in a customer service role
- BA/BS or equivalent
- Experience in a technical support role a plus
- Effective communication and negotiations skills at all levels, from front line engineers to executive level along with the ability to influence a client.
- Must be able to show good judgment skills and the ability to put the customer first.
- Experience managing advanced enterprise customer situations relating to Support and System availability.
- Experience with case management ticketing systems, workforce management programs a plus.
- Knowledge of common support center metrics and ability to manage teams to key performance indicators.
- Ability to address both immediate operational actions and strategic collaboration opportunities in line with F5 policies and QMS.
- Understanding of IT industry working practices / methodologies – ITIL foundation certification desirable but not essential.
- Foundation level understanding of Project Management – PMP Certification desired but not essential.
- Ability to work in a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, matrix-managed environment across local, regional, and global offices.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English (written and oral).
- Commercial and business acumen is an asset.
What You’ll Get:
- Hybrid working mode
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Recognitions and Rewards
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, and cool perks
- Culture of Giving Back
- Dynamic Diversity & Inclusion Interest Groups
Apply if you believe your own unique capabilities can contribute to the success of this role and our organization!
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity