Sr Web Developer
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
The Sr. Web Developer will lead and develop solutions to deliver on digital marketing strategic plans and digital product roadmaps, achieving the ultimate goal of best-in-class user and stakeholder experiences on the web. As part of this role, the Sr. Web Developer will code and drive large development projects, provide guidance, consulting, and instruction to other team members, exhibit team leadership, and ability to research, plan, and implement new technology solutions to address the developing needs of the organization and the best practices for coding, security, testing, documentation, and process adherence. This individual must have deep practical knowledge and experience building highly integrated and complex custom modules for the DNN (DotNetNuke) CMS platform. As a senior member of the team, this individual will be responsible for keeping up to date on developments in the software development industry, continually accessing the needs of the team and organization to present ideas and plans for continual improvement. The Sr. Web Developer is a customer-centric developer with a keen understanding of the software development lifecycle in the web space. This role requires operating on both a strategic and tactical level, touching all aspects of the software development continuum. The individual will be a key advocate for the online customer experience and will be responsible for communicating to stakeholders, leadership, and the entire web development discipline across the company.
- Work within project teams to determine needs and apply/customize existing technology to meet those need
- Participate in system design and architecture reviews
- Develop Custom DotNetNuke modules to deliver value to stakeholders and users
- Develop UAT plans and assist in the creation of QA plans to test development
- Provide cross-team technical expertise and leadership to the web development discipline
- Adhere to production system change control processes (code and documentation)
- Analyze/evaluate third-party systems/modules for use in systems
- Provide consultation on complex projects as required
- Create end-user and technical documentation
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive experience with the DotNetNuke framework, DotNetNuke module development, DotNetNuke API development, and DotNetNuke skinning
- Ability to complete all phases of the software development life cycle, including analysis, design, functionality, testing, and support
- Ability to develop large-scale web/database applications
- Ability to innovate and provide functional applications with intuitive interfaces
- Technical expert with C#, SQL, Visual Studio.NET, and SQL Server
- Extensive experience and expertise with the DNN framework and 10+ years with .Net development
- Experience with development in a multi-server, web farm environment
- Experience with advanced caching and performance methodologies
- Deep technical depth in .Net, TFS/version control, Git, AngularJS, Agile, Razor, MVC
- Proven experience with Microsoft .NET technologies, including ASP.NET, ADO.NET
- Experience with front-end UI design compiled CSS and Bootstrap preferred
- Deep experience with DNN (DotNetNuke) Custom Module Development
- Strong written and oral communication, engaged listening, and presentation skills.
- Relentlessly results-driven: continuously looking to iterate, improve, and optimize performance.
- Passion for the customer and for optimization and the ability to think creatively to help complete the overall digital marketing strategy.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management, and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Work effectively as part of a team and independently with a positive attitude.
- Effective collaboration and relationship-building skills.
- Takes accountability and ownership of his/her own work.
- Minimum 10 years in backend software design in SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, Stored procedures, ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#
- 5+ years of experience working in customer experience and digital optimization
- Technologies/Framework: DNN, ASP.NET MVC, WebForms, WCF, Web API, Web Services, XML, AJAX, LINQ, Unity, Ninject
- Web Frameworks: HTML5, AngularJS, JQuery, Bootstrap, LESS, CSS3
- Databases: SQL Server (2012, 2008/2005) and MySql
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require utilizing a computer, communicating over the telephone, and reading printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically or working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require some travel to trade events and business planning meetings.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.The annual U.S. base pay range for this position is: $118,944.00 - $178,416.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity