At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
The XC Business Unit at F5 is searching for an outstanding and experienced manager to lead a group of our Platform Engineering engineers based out of a few locations in US. On our team, you will have a major hand in the design and development of the data path modules of our distributed cloud offering.
- Support a hardworking distributed team of software developers and build an environment underpinned by F5's core values.
- Be an experienced leader in architecture, code and testing patterns.
- Provide technical mentorship and expertise as part of our design and development processes.
- Collaborate with leaders in engineering and product management on roadmap, strategy, coordinating dependencies, establishing clear requirements, etc to effectively meet delivery and quality commitments.
- Support, mentor, and coach as well as provide professional development for your team. Provide continuous feedback and opportunities for career development.
- Identify hiring needs and be the hiring manager for recruiting high quality engineers.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience building and leading geographically distributed teams; enabling tight collaboration and partnership.
- Background as a software engineer is critical along with familiarity with the full tech stack for backend platform engineering. Prior experience with cloud technology and networking, load balancers, routing platforms, control plane, SDN, docker, kubernetes, public cloud (Azure, AWS) etc.
- Specialist in various software architectures such as distributed systems and microservices
- Experience with modern CI/CD concepts (continuous integration and delivery, project management and reporting tools, Gitlab, CI/CD tools, etc.)
- Inspire and engage with your team while also interacting and collaborating with senior management and executives. View management as supporting and empowering your teams along with encouraging a phenomenal team culture
- 3+ years of leading software teams
- 10+ years in technology overall
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.The annual U.S. base pay range for this position is: $166,056.00 - $249,084.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity