Director, Brand Content
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
The Director, Brand Content for the Brand & Experiential Marketing organization, is a creative leader who thrives on empowering their team to create and produce high-value content. This creative leader will work closely with Marketing Executive Leaders to set editorial vision and strategy in alignment with messaging, brand, and business goals. Equally motivated by creative excellence, audience needs, and ROI; this leader curates the most effective stories, develops clear story briefs, assigns the work to the right team of content creators, tweaks headlines and copy as needed, and ensures optimal distribution of the finished assets.
This position requires tight collaboration and functional interlocks across executive leadership, Brand Strategy & Experiential Marketing, Product and Global Integrated Marketing, Analyst Relations, Communications & Public Relations, Theaters, Social Media, and the Brand Studio teams.
This role will manage a distributed, creative team of writers, video creative team members, agencies, and contractors. We seek a leader who thinks in narratives, distills complex technical concepts into relatable and jargon-free stories, and builds connective tissue. This person also deeply understands B2B content marketing principles, inspires cross-team participation, builds strong talent benches, utilizes multiple content formats and channels, and distributes across the customer journey.
You are Strategic. Creative. Analytical. An Influencer and Advocate. Dynamic. Data-driven. You are a strategic thinker at your core and a fearless leader who can bring the best out of teams and peers. You know how to push without being pushy and thrive in complex environments. You have a passion for creative excellence in visual and written storytelling, with solid experience in project/campaign and agency management. You will spearhead portfolio and brand-level stories to help introduce the new F5. You will provide executive creative direction for F5’s Experiential programs worldwide.
You will work with F5 DMCE leaders and stakeholders to create compelling brand content. You will weave messaging, high-quality copy, and brand vision into a comprehensive creative brief and strategy. To do this, you will:
- Lead the creative development and execution of F5’s Experiential program content
- Develop the F5 manifesto and Brand Narrative
- Drive the creation and maintenance process for high-quality content for brand and experiential programs.
- Develop and execute strategies for experiential content and messaging
- Own the creation and execution of the creative brief for brand and experiential program content
- Lead a team of creative team members, including agency partners, writers, and video producers
- Direct cross-functional, cross-organizational teams, vendors, and agencies in developing high-quality, globally relevant copy.
- Provide editorial leadership
- BA in marketing or a similar degree
- 10+ years of marketing experience, with a strong focus on Brand and in-depth knowledge of the Technical Executive audience.
- 10+ years of writing and/or editing experience with a portfolio showing how you’ve changed boring copy into engaging content
- Agency, newsroom, or technology experience a plus
- Ten years of people management experience
- Excellent storytelling skills – via writing, presentation, and verbal communication
- Sensitivity towards non-US cultures and business practices resulting in the ability to collaborate and coordinate globally
- Thrives under fast-paced and complex conditions
- Adept at working with internal creative teams and external agencies
- Experience in digital marketing
- Enterprise tech experience and fluency in issues related to digital transformation, cybersecurity, and diversity & inclusion
- Experience in working with C-suite executives, technology leads, and international clients, customers, and stakeholders
- Agency experience is a plus
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.The annual U.S. base pay range for this position is: $173,208.00 - $259,812.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity