Director, Engineering Big IP
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
What is the Role:
- Lead a systems software engineering team that delivers industry leading technologies for hardware platforms with increasingly complex software deployment architectures
- Develop and drive schedules and coordinate with a diverse and global team to achieve large game-changing outcomes
- Collaborate with product management, executives, and architects to identify how best to solve the customer’s challenges
- Develop and raise the bar on dev and test processes, bringing in the best practices to make the daily life of an engineer enjoyable and productive.
- Develop trusting relationships with team members to motivate, provide clear direction, a sense of belonging for high engagement, and create a space for exceptional performance.
- Be technically deep enough to push on architecture trade-offs, assist with high-paced triage, and navigate multiple variables of hard driving schedules to keep F5 in its market leading position
- Create and promote a leadership mindset across the organization to allow any individual to make a bold impact
- Experience in application delivery technologies or similar technology a must
- Demonstrated ability to attract, build and retain an engineering team, supported by a strong engineering management team and org structure that can continue to scale
- Proven ability to partner with Product Management and other cross-functional teams, define and execute against a technical roadmap
- Experience with x86/ARM hardware acceleration for Networking
- Expertise in using Unix/Linux development tools, and Linux virtualization
- Experience in network processor programming
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals, multicast protocols, L2 switching technologies, IPsec
- BS/MS in software engineering or equivalent degree with 10+ years of hands-on experience and 6+ years of management experience is ideal
- Proven expertise in managing projects throughout the entire SDLC, delivering products to market on schedule, and ensuring feedback loops from customers into development
- Data driven, with experience in extracting operational insights from metrics
- Experience in Agile development and continuous integration in development projects
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.The annual U.S. base pay range for this position is: $187,238.00 - $280,858.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity