Sales Analyst II
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
**This position is located in Seattle, WA and does require in office attendance 2-3 times a week**
This position will provide cross functional reporting & analytics support between the sales analytics and sales compensation business operations functions. This position will involve a large amount of spreadsheet, SQL, Tableau and Salesforce report development & analysis. This position will work closely with core members of the sales analytics and sales compensations teams to set, define, and operationalize new reporting and compensation metrics. The focus of the sales/compensations analyst will be split between (a) performing analytical functions to ensure quality, consistency and efficiency in our bookings and compensations reporting, and (b) developing and implementing new operational metrics that set the standard for our current and future state business needs.
- Liaise with the sales compensation team and deliver sales bookings data for use in compensation plan calculations
- Implement and drive new reporting for evolving compensation plans
- Partner with Finance, HR, Strategy, and Marketing to ensure consistency and transparency with the key performance metrics for sales reporting
- Continually evaluate, develop and implement new, meaningful methods for data analysis to inform sales leadership on their performance
- Provide detailed and accurate reporting to be used by sales compensation and sales leadership teams
- Identify and implement process and reporting improvement opportunities in order to provide sales management with more relevant and timely reporting of sales metrics
- Maintain existing sales management reports and dashboards that pertain to key sales metrics
- Perform ad hoc analytical projects as identified by senior sales and sales operations management
- Identifies process improvements to support business operations
- Leads programs
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced business and data analysis skills including building reports, complex spreadsheets in excel, and databases to measure business performance
- Advanced ability to accurately manipulate and move data to and from a variety of sources across multiple platforms; ability to query, sort, merge, combine, and summarize
- Advanced ability to draw concise, well supported recommendations based on detailed analysis of the given issue
- Advanced written, verbal and quantitative skills
- Strong ability to work under time constraints and meet tight deadlines
- Strong interest in identifying process improvement opportunities that support the key business operations
- Advanced in all MS Office, Tableau, and SQL/Snowflake (or other querying languages)
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field required
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience within sales operations or comparative field, and/or financial analysis experience supporting a sales organization
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends)
- Job may be performed in an office sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Quarter end flexibility required to allow for occasional extra hours.
- Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 10% of the time spent traveling.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.The annual U.S. base pay range for this position is: $67,111.00 - $100,667.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity