Sr Security Engineer - SecOps
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
F5 is looking for a Sr Security Engineer with experience in Security Operations field spanning access management, vulnerability management, threat intelligence, secrets management, SSO integrations etc. to contribute to F5’s Edge 2.0 platform. This platform provides global, scalable, and secure way to deploy applications. In this position, you will be the involved in various areas of Security operations and will be the point-of-contact for the entire platform’s SecOps needs in your domain.
- Collaborate with software architects, security defenders, Operations, SRE, compliance experts, and business leaders to understand the logical boundaries of the systems and access control mechanisms. You will take inventory and define access management policies with other parts of the larger security team.
- You will be responsible for setup of and integration with authentication systems (e.g. SSO) and other third-party subscriptions and maintain an inventory of access credentials and API keys.
- You will periodically audit access policies and re-evaluate access hierarchies as the underlying architecture and systems change.
- You will participate in vulnerability management program and work with other teams to prepare comprehensive vulnerability reports.
- You will be an important part of the overall IAM and Blue team and will work with other security teams as well as Operations, SRE, and Engineering teams.
- Demonstrate technical leadership in multiple domain areas, providing mentorship to other team members.
- US Citizenship
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 4+ years of security operations experience.
- Experience with access management on Google, Google Cloud, AWS, Microsoft Azure, Github, GitLab, etc.
- Experience with right-sizing the permissions for users and applications.
- Hands on experience with computer programming languages and/or scripting languages such as Python, Java, Shell.
- Experience with vulnerability management systems like Snyk, Whitesource, Trivy, Dependency-check, Nancy etc.
- Good understanding of authentication systems, MFA, DNS, Certificate management, secret management, secure communication, etc.
- Good understanding of complexities and security challenges in large-scale distributed systems.
- Working knowledge of Cloud orchestration systems such as Kubernetes, Openstack etc.
- Self-motivated and willing to delve into new areas and take on new challenges in an enthusiastic manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, team building, and mentoring skills.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.The annual U.S. base pay range for this position is: $159,297.00 - $238,945.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity