Metadata Analyst-Data Management
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
This is an amazing time at F5. For over 20 years, we have been the industry leader in application delivery. Now we’re also helping our customers thrive on any architecture and across any multi-cloud environment. F5 is the only company on the planet that powers applications from development through their entire lifecycle so our customers-enterprise businesses, service providers, governments, and consumer brands-can deliver differentiated, high-performing, and secure digital experiences that are changing the world.
But our success isn’t driven solely by what we do. We also care deeply about how we do it. Our culture is how we live, every single day, and it’s producing exceptional results-not only for our customers, but also for our employees. We understand that your life is about more than just work, so we’re committed to a culture that supports your whole life.
This role can be 100% remote, but the preference is for this person to be based in Washington State.
The Metadata Analyst will support the company’s Metadata program objectives as well as those of the Data Management organization.
- Support metadata management initiatives, including the capture, storage and management of business, technical and operational metadata
- Define and execute tactical enhancements based on business needs and overall metadata management strategy
- Manage metadata repository containing business terms, critical data elements and technical metadata
- Partner with data owners and business subject matter experts (SME’s) to implement enterprise business glossary within an agile framework
- Broker data element definition in partnership with data stewards, data custodians and information architects
- Create and maintain documentation related to the metadata repository
- Define and implement enterprise-wide metadata management procedures and guidelines
- Support development of business rules, and best practices for metadata curation, including managing reviews and approvals through a consensus process with working groups
- Ensure compliance with data and information security policies
- Maintain quality, integrity, and usability of metadata framework
- Operate as a metadata evangelist across the enterprise, guiding and directing various data management activities focused on growing the metadata management maturity level within the company
Knowledge, skills, and abilities to be successful:
- Understanding of operational processes, data, systems landscape
- Ability to communicate information clearly and concisely at various levels including program leadership, SME’s and key stakeholders
- Ability and willingness to recognize assignments or tasks that need to be completed, to seek out additional assignments or tasks and to help others
- Strong analytical skills, business intuition and organizational ability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to operate in a cross-functional and complex matrix environment
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information or unexpected circumstances
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork
- Professional working knowledge of data management within the technology industry
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Economics/Finance, Math/Statistics, MIS, or other computational field of study (preferred)
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in a Metadata Management solution (Alation preferred)
Physical demands and work environment:
- Duties are performed in Seattle in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.The annual U.S. base pay range for this position is: $71,379.00 - $107,069.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity