Principal Product Manager - Distributed Cloud
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
F5 Distributed Cloud has innovated a consistent, cloud-native environment that can be deployed across multiple public clouds and edge sites — a distributed cloud platform. Within this SaaS-based offering, F5 Distributed cloud integrates a broad range of services that have normally been siloed across many point products and network or cloud providers. The solution is designed to provide a single way to view security, operations and management components.
The role requires an individual with strong technical and analytical abilities, who can build a shared vision for F5 Distributed Cloud’s Geo Expansion into China market. F5 Distributed Cloud enables Enterprises, Partners and Telcos/SPs to deploy and securely connect applications, across multiple clouds – public/private cloud, telco edge as well as enterprise edge locations, retail stores, manufacturing facilities, branch offices and more. You will define the Geo expansion requirements to enable F5 Distributed Cloud to expand to China.
Sounds interesting? Read on!
What You’ll Do:
- Define product requirements for expanding F5 distributed cloud’s presence in China market
- Define the requirements for operating a SaaS service in China market,
- Define the requirements for delivering an application deployment, networking security, service in China taking into account the government regulatory and security requirements
- Define the requirements for operating a the F5 XC SaaS controller in Public clouds in China, taking into account the public cloud services available in China market
- Define the requirements for creating a Telco Cloud Platform for Chinese Telecom providers that enables Telco/SPs deploy and operate a MEC (Multi-Access Edge Compute) platform to run enterprise workloads across multiple sites both in the core and on the edge with Private 5G. Need to understand the regulatory, operational requirements for Chinese telecom providers
- Define product requirements for Telco Cloud Platform for Chinese Telecom providers that enables them deploy and operate 5G Core functions (UPF, SMF etc) on the platform across multiple sites both in the core and on the edge with Private 5G. Need to understand the regulatory, operational requirements for Chinese telecom providers
- Define product requirements for Telco Cloud Platform for Chinese Telecom providers that enables Telco/SPs to deploy and operate vRAN/oRAN workloads across multiple sites. Need to understand the regulatory, operational requirements for Chinese telecom providers
- Define product requirements for Telco Cloud Platform for Chinese Telecom providers that enables Telco/SPs to deploy and operate AI workloads on GPU compute in Private 5G sites such as manufacturing facilities. Need to understand the regulatory, operational requirements for Chinese telecom providers
- Define requirements for customer edge sites for China market and be able to prioritize which cloud providers should be considered for customer edge sites. E.g., Alibaba, Huawei, AWS, AZ etc.
- Define the unique requirements for a Saas based application deployment, networking, delivery, security services for Chinese enterprise customers specifically
- Define the go-to-market routes, partnerships/JVs, and operational requirements to selling and operating a Distributed Cloud service in China. Identify the go-to-market partners, selling motions, price points (that the market will bear) for F5 distributed cloud service in China.
- Engage with customers to understand their businesses, operational constraints, and specific needs
- Define overall vision and strategy for a product / solution, including target customer persona, customer value proposition, and creating business goals
- Own delivering against those business goals for the product / solution
- Own Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), including product planning / concept definition, Minimum Viable Product (MVP) definition, ongoing release strategy, and ultimately product retirement.
- Define capabilities and requirements for product / solution to align with strategy; create and maintain a Market Requirement Documents (MRD) or equivalent, including a plan of Record (POR)/Roadmap
- Conduct market analyses and financial return on investment analyses to inform product / solution roadmap and prioritize product backlog
- Collaborate positively with Sales, Marketing, Legal, Agile Product Owners, and many others, to drive decisions on backlog prioritization (e.g., customer expectations vs. engineering realities)
- Develop and deliver compelling product positioning with clear competitive differentiation and return on investment to all audiences include executives, customers, partners and analysts.
- In collaboration with Product Marketing, Sales, Corporate Marketing, Partners, and Customers, develop overall go-to-market strategy and plan, including packaging, pricing, and positioning
- Build dashboards and metrics to monitor the performance of product / solution, based on pipeline, bookings, customers, etc.
- Build excitement for the overall F5 product strategy and portfolio and specific product / solution with customers, market analysts, and internal partners with great interpersonal communications, customer events and external presentations.
- Very high customer and partner engagement to receive feedback and handle escalations calmly
- Overall accountability for the success of the product and business, crafting internal visibility and business analysis for QBR’s and business reviews.
What You’ll Bring:
- Engineering, Solution Architect, Sales Engineer background or similar. MBA degree a plus.
- Working knowledge of cloud native technologies – Kubernetes, CNFs, storage
- Typically requires a minimum of 6 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 4 years and a Master’s degree; MBA a plus
- At least 3 years of experience in product management in Cloud space
- Outstanding listener, great presenter, terrific interpersonal and communication skills with strong ability to influence people at all levels and in various functions
- Strong awareness of technology trends and potential influence on F5’s business
- Strong teaming skills: positive teammate, good team builder, experience to bring together diverse views.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically.
- Ability to lead in a constantly evolving environment, manage multiple priorities and ambiguity.
- Ability to converse with technical and business personnel fluently.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or beat assigned targets and delivery dates consistently.
What You’ll Get:
- Hybrid working mode
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Recognitions and Rewards
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, and cool perks
- Culture of Giving Back
- Dynamic Diversity & Inclusion Interest Groups
Apply if you believe your own unique capabilities can contribute to the success of this role and our organization!
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity