Network Support Engineer
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
Powering and protecting applications
We empower our customers—the world’s largest enterprises, service providers, financial and educational institutions, government entities, and consumer brands—to create, secure, and operate applications that deliver extraordinary digital experiences.
Overview of EMEA Network Support Engineer role
Do you enjoy problem-solving? Are you inspired by helping organisations across the globe?
If so, we have just the job for you. Join F5’s team of Network Support Engineers as we accelerate our efforts to power and protect applications of every description and across every conceivable environment.
So, if you’ve got a curiosity to learn new technologies, a passion for troubleshooting and a desire to work with innovative technology solutions, we'd love to hear from you.
Working as one of our team opens lots of career development opportunities and unlocks a multitude of domains to specialise in.
Your day-to-day activities will include:
- Providing Level 2 technical support to resolve hardware and software issues related to F5 products.
- Maintaining excellent customer communication, including project status, plan-of-actions, and resolution steps.
- Providing F5 customers and partners with a consistently high-quality support experience.
- Working with our tier three engineering services team to overcome technical challenges.
- Building strong working relationships with peers, partnering with engineers, managers, and related F5 departments.
- Writing and updating solution articles to share technical expertise internally and externally
- Handling multiple cases and prioritizing tasks based on customer and business needs.
- Following standards-based processes (as defined in our Quality Management System).
- Continuing your own professional development through participating in ongoing training on our products and related technologies.
The following experience and skills will help you succeed as a Support Engineer at F5:
- Customer support experience with enterprise-level corporate customers in production environments.
- Hands-on technical experience with LAN/WAN operations (e.g., DNS, Open SSL, Cryptography, virtualization, etc.), Network Protocols, UNIX or Linux (e.g., Redhat) operating systems, as well as VMware or equivalent hypervisors and network hardware.
- Solid grasp of TCP/IP protocols and the OSI model.
- Understanding packet captures using Wireshark
- Knowledge of DNS and HTTP protocol in detail.
- Understating of SSL/TLS handshake
- Experience of Network Security (e.g., Web Application Security, AAA, VPN, DDoS, Malware, Application Firewalls, etc.).
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently, including technical concepts and terminology.
- Able to communicate technical information to customers with varying levels of technical knowledge.
- Good analytical problem-solving abilities.
- Attention to detail.
The following skills are nice to have but if you don’t have them, F5 will be happy to help you learn those in time :
- Fluency in other languages.
- Experience with F5 technologies
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and these are subject to change.
Don’t hold back from applying if your experience isn’t an exact match for the role. You can likely do more than you think, and we’d love to explore how and where you can fit in.
The freedom to thrive
F5ers choose what works best for them – working from home, working from our offices or mixture of the two. These working arrangements may vary depending on local statutory guidelines.
We also understand that your life is about more than just work, so we’re committed to a culture that supports you as an individual. F5 offers work/life integration programs like Freedom to Flex, dynamic employee inclusion groups, paid maternity/paternity leave, tuition assistance for professional development, a comprehensive mentoring program, rewards/recognition, and so much more.
We’d love to hear from you!
Like the sound of life at F5? Get in touch - apply!
Watch this video from our CEO to learn more.
Additional details on our culture can be found here:
A force for social good
The F5 Global Good program, which includes grants from the F5 Foundation, expands the culture of making a difference in three focus areas:
- Community: Supporting charitable causes that our employees feel most passionately about, especially those in the communities where we live and work.
- STEM education: Enabling girls, women, and underrepresented groups to develop STEM skills by connecting them to global educational and employment opportunities.
- Tech for Good: Assisting non-profit organisations with their digital transformation efforts, so they can do even more to help those they serve.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity