Senior Robotics & Controls Engineer
Vicarious Surgical is hiring a Senior Robotics & Controls Engineer to join our team in Waltham, MA. You will work on all aspects of our robotic system that affect the motion of our robot. You will be responsible for system modeling and control system development. You will be working cross-functionally to help implement your control algorithms. This role requires not only a deep theoretical understanding of controls but also solid intuition in how to apply it to real systems.
Vicarious Surgical is a next generation robotics company developing a disruptive technology with the goal of increasing the efficiency of surgical procedure, improving patient outcomes and reducing healthcare costs.
This is a terrific opportunity for an experienced robotics & controls professional to join our company at a very exciting time and be a key member of a team of mission-driven and kind individuals with diverse experiences to lead Vicarious into its next phase of hyper-growth and market disruption.
- Design control algorithms based upon the robotic system dynamics.
- Working closely with software, mechanical and electrical engineers to guide performance of the robotic system.
- Develop a solid understanding of the robotic system and its various sub-systems.
- Develop software and hardware tools to test the system performance.
- Provide guidance to junior engineers.
- Design tests to collect appropriate data to validate and improve controls algorithms.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Computer Engineering with a focus in Robotics, along with 3+ years of industry experience; Or PhD in robotics area.
- Experience writing control algorithms for complex systems with nonlinear dynamics.
- Strong understanding of dynamics and modeling fundamentals, including robot kinematics and dynamics.
- Proficiency writing code in a high-level language (MATLAB, Python or C++ preferred).
- Experience with experimental data analysis.
- Familiarity with software packages for system simulations (MATLAB, SciPy, etc).
Together, we share a love for learning and we are passionate teachers. As a company, we set ambitious goals and individually, we share in that ambition. At the office, we enjoy each other’s company during happy hours, catered lunches and company celebrations.
Please note that at Vicarious Surgical, we follow COVID-19 safety protocol, which may include compliance with vaccination, testing and masking requirements.