Commodity Manager, Supply Chain
Fremont, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
Velo3D is a technology company that provides the industry’s most advanced fully integrated metal 3D printing solution for mission-critical parts.
Some of the most pioneering companies, including SpaceX, Honeywell, and Lam Research, use the Velo3D solution to drive defense innovation, improve aerospace applications, enhance transportation efficiency, and produce critical oil & gas applications.
While conventional 3D printing and traditional manufacturing methods impose strict design and performance limitations, Velo3D supports true design freedom and allows engineers to build the complex parts they need without compromising performance or quality for manufacturability. In our quest to support tomorrow’s innovations, we enable parts to be printed to exact standards of consistency, quality, and repeatability.
Velo3D has been named to Fast Company’s prestigious annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023. For more information, please visit velo3d.com, or follow the company on LinkedIn or Twitter.
Essential Job Functions:
As a Commodity Manager, you will:
· Develop commodity strategies to align with Velo3D’s growth roadmap
· Own sourcing strategy, strategic partnership management, business continuity plan
· Perform market analysis and forecast industry trends
· Define cost structures and develop "should cost" models
· Collaborate with internal stakeholders to define and optimize cost, performance and commercial targets for critical components
· Support product development roadmap incorporating design change, implementation to current and future product lines and technology staging
· Collaborate with Quality, Engineering, and Legal stakeholders to assess, understand, and prioritize business needs
· Supplier Management, Capacity readiness, Annual Contracts, Negotiation, New Supplier sourcing & development, RFI/RFQ/RFx process
- Proficient in contract manufacturing and fabrication supplier management.
- BOM analysis skills.
- Experienced in working with ERP systems like Oracle, NetSuite, SAP, etc.
- ECO management expertise.
- Familiarity with MRP structure.
- Experience in developing QMS procedures and Supplier Purchase Agreements.
- 5-10 years experience in commodity management, minimum bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, higher preferred
- Contract Negotiation / Vendor Mgmt. / Influencing skills required
- Ability to problem-solve and influence others through relationships and data
- Experiences with a global supply base is a must
- Confident in working in a fast-paced dynamic environment, handling multiple projects simultaneously, and ensuring task completion and deadlines are met
- Ability to multitask and effectively communicate progress and risks timely
- A quick learner and team player, with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
Additional Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance
- Incredible culture and an exciting atmosphere packed with innovation and growth
- Impressive management team located in Fremont, CA (Headquarters)