Technical Sales Engineer - France
IT, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2024
Velo3D is a technology company that provides the industry’s most advanced fully integrated metal 3D printing solution for mission-critical parts.
Some of the most pioneering companies, including SpaceX, Honeywell, and Lam Research, use the Velo3D solution to drive defense innovation, improve aerospace applications, enhance transportation efficiency, and produce critical oil & gas applications.
While conventional 3D printing and traditional manufacturing methods impose strict design and performance limitations, Velo3D supports true design freedom and allows engineers to build the complex parts they need without compromising performance or quality for manufacturability. In our quest to support tomorrow’s innovations, we enable parts to be printed to exact standards of consistency, quality, and repeatability.
Velo3D has been named to Fast Company’s prestigious annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023. For more information, please visit velo3d.com, or follow the company on LinkedIn or Twitter.
As a Technical Sales engineer, you will be working directly with new customers, including manufacturing and engineering groups to educate and enable new innovative projects in additive manufacturing. You will work closely with Sales Directors to drive system sales to new customers and lead the engagements to drive part demand to our network of Contract Manufacturers. You will also work with Applications Engineering on difficult part production challenges to help guide software and hardware developments that will expand the use of Velo3D’s full-stack solution manufacturing process.
NEAR TERM DELIVERABLES: First-Year
· Demonstrate ability to lead customer technical engagements with minimal support.
· Demonstrate ability to understand Velo3D core principle of solving engineering and manufacturing challenges by providing constructive paths forward to increase new customer adoption.
- Work in a fast-paced growing company to educate and consult new customers about Velo3D’s full-stack manufacturing solution and how it relates to their engineering and manufacturing challenges.
- Educate customers on known Velo3D part design allowable, including understanding physical and economic implications that could present themselves with printing vs. incumbent mfg. process.
- Consult customers on potential design optimization and challenges for desired part geometries and effectively communicate this visually and verbally.
- Ability to leverage previous experiences in design and manufacturing engineering to help potential customers visualize a manufacturing path forward to the final desired part.
- Design, modify, and analyze complex geometries in CAD and use pre-print software to obtain estimated print times and costing quotes to present to potential customers.
- Ability to document statement of work and customer acceptance criteria to communicate externally and internally
- Work with Applications Engineering on parts and applications not part of current design allowables by effectively communicating the problem statement.
- First point of contact for part customers on questions/discussion about current and future projects.
- Work closely and effectively with teams across multiple departments on technical projects.
- Maintain strong organizational skills regarding documentation, software analysis, and project management.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, Material Science or related field.
EXPERIENCE and OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Customer-facing and project management roles.
- CAD software design (Solidworks, Siemens NX, AutoCAD, CATIA)
- Industry experience in design engineering and manufacturing processes
- Fluent in French and English language communications
- Experience in direct sales powder, parts, systems, etc. or indirect as support sales functions.
- ·Completion of projects that started from early phase development and moved into production
- Experience with generative design tools (Altair Inspire, nTopology Element), print preparation software (Materialise Magics, Netfabb) or simulation software
- Manufacturing process knowledge (AM, casting, machining, forging)
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Attention to detail/focus on quality
- Ability to work within a Team
- France based