Sales Director - Southeast Region
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2023
Velo3D is a technology company that provides the industry’s most advanced fully integrated metal 3D printing solution for mission-critical parts.
Some of the most pioneering companies, including SpaceX, Honeywell, and Lam Research, use the Velo3D solution to drive defense innovation, improve aerospace applications, enhance transportation efficiency, and produce critical oil & gas applications.
While conventional 3D printing and traditional manufacturing methods impose strict design and performance limitations, Velo3D supports true design freedom and allows engineers to build the complex parts they need without compromising performance or quality for manufacturability. In our quest to support tomorrow’s innovations, we enable parts to be printed to exact standards of consistency, quality, and repeatability.
Velo3D has been named to Fast Company’s prestigious annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023. For more information, please visit velo3d.com, or follow the company on LinkedIn or Twitter.
Velo3D is looking for a Sales Director to join the growing Velo3D Sales team. In this position, you will lead Velo3D’s sales efforts in 3D printing on metals technology in the Southeastern region to the industries Velo3D is focused on serving strategically: Aviation and Gas Turbines, Space and Defense, and Heavy Industry.
The position will be responsible for developing the sales pipeline of product manufacturers (OEMs) and their supply chain parts contract manufacturers (CMs) to be sufficient to meet booking goals and to close the number of new customers and the booking amounts to meet/exceed the company’s goals.
The team is looking for a self-starter leader who enjoys working in a highly dynamic startup environment. You will enjoy a small high-growth company atmosphere and excellent benefits.
- A proven “hunter” that finds and closes new customer business to beat quota
- Experience in capital equipment selling (e.g. 5 Axis CNCs, metal AM systems, strategic Design/Mfg systems) with sales achievement of over $8M per year.
- Success selling into industrial companies such as aerospace, defense, energy/oil & gas, industrial pump and turbo-machinery market OEMs and metal production parts contract manufacturers serving those industries.
- Possesses deep target market industry insight (e.g. product innovation and mfg supply chain) and has developed strong business relationships at target industrial companies and their manufacturing supply base (i.e. CMs).
- Ability to grasp the technical value proposition and to work with the customer to discover how this value proposition can help the customer create business value and solve critical business problems.
- Experience leading effective sales campaigns that utilize cross-functional team members efficiently to close, retain, and upsell new business.
- Excellent relationship-building skills based on a keen ability to listen and creative discovery of critical customer problems
- Ability to distill and express customers’ compelling reason to buy to the internal team
- Consultative development of value, justification, and compelling events to close business as forecasted.
- Identify and engage key roles within the customer organization to drive alignment
- Work with Sales and Marketing leadership to drive strategic engagement and lead-generation initiatives
- Team player
- Minimum of 10 years of sales achievement experience selling capital equipment such as Automation, Manufacturing equipment, Machinery, or other complex systems
- Proven ability to meet or exceed sales targets of $6-8M per year
- Ability to expand customer base through proactive lead generation
- Sales and/or sales leadership position with Startup experience
- Experience with CRM system (Salesforce)
- Strong reference customers delighted with solutions you sold them
- BS degree in engineering is preferred
About the Company:
Velo, Velo3D, Sapphire and Intelligent Fusion are registered trademarks of Velo3D, Inc. Without Compromise, Flow, and Assure are trademarks of Velo3D, Inc.
Our team enjoys excellent benefits including healthcare coverage and 401(K) employer contributions. We believe in transparency and recognizing exceptional efforts through our monthly all-hands meetings and team member appreciation awards.
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base salary for this full-time position is between $125,000 and $145,000. This salary range reflects the minimum and maximum target for this position in the U.S. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience, job-related skills, related education, work location, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. In addition to a competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits package, this position may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and equity program, as applicable.
Velo3D provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and prohibits discrimination and harassment based on, race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.