Technical Business Development Account Manager-West Coast
IT, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, October 3, 2023
Velo3D is a technology company that provides the industry’s most advanced fully integrated metal 3D printing solution for mission-critical parts.
Some of the most pioneering companies, including SpaceX, Honeywell, and Lam Research, use the Velo3D solution to drive defense innovation, improve aerospace applications, enhance transportation efficiency, and produce critical oil & gas applications.
While conventional 3D printing and traditional manufacturing methods impose strict design and performance limitations, Velo3D supports true design freedom and allows engineers to build the complex parts they need without compromising performance or quality for manufacturability. In our quest to support tomorrow’s innovations, we enable parts to be printed to exact standards of consistency, quality, and repeatability.
Velo3D has been named to Fast Company’s prestigious annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023. For more information, please visit velo3d.com, or follow the company on LinkedIn or Twitter.
As a Technical Business Development Account Manager for the western region, you will be working as the account manager for target customers to lead innovative programs and applications in additive manufacturing from early concept to full-scale production. You will work closely with manufacturing and engineering teams at target accounts to be their dedicated Velo technical subject matter expert (SME) and resource. You will also work with Velo internal teams on difficult part production challenges and execution logistics to expedite the target account’s production adoption of Velo3D’s end-to-end solution manufacturing process. As the external technical SME, you will represent Velo3D in public forums such as tradeshows and conferences, guide and author technical content with external partners, and help map target industries to guide Velo3D’s product roadmap.
NEAR TERM DELIVERABLES – First Year
- Demonstrate ability to educate, manage, and guide target accounts through a noticeable increase in demand generated on Sapphire systems.
- Demonstrate ability for target accounts to view you as their go-to Velo technical engineer for current and future programs and applications.
- Work in a fast-paced growing company to lead target accounts into manufacturing production using Velo3D’s end-to-end manufacturing solution.
- Take ownership of target accounts through education and project/program management of all aspects of critical programs and applications from the early design phase and then from the prototype phase into full-scale production.
- Ability to leverage previous experiences in design and manufacturing engineering to help target accounts visualize a manufacturing path forward to the final desired production manufacturing plan.
- Design, modify, and analyze complex geometries in CAD and use Velo’s print preparation software to obtain estimated print times and costing quotes to present to target accounts.
- Advanced problem-solving and conflict resolution of complex and multi-entity situations including but not limited to internal engineering teams, external engineering/manufacturing teams, and external customers/Contract Manufacturers (CMs) operating a Velo Sapphire.
- ·Ability to document statement of work and customer acceptance criteria to communicate externally and internally
- ·Educate customers on known Velo3D part design guides, including understanding physical and economic implications that could present themselves with printing vs. incumbent mfg. process.
- Consult customers on potential design optimization and challenges for desired part geometries and effectively communicate this both visually and verbally.
- Work with Applications Engineering on parts and applications that are not part of current design guidelines by effectively communicating the problem statement.
- Work closely and effectively with teams across multiple departments on technical projects.
- Maintain strong organizational skills with regard to documentation, software analysis, and project management.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, Material Science or related field.
- Industry experience in design engineering and manufacturing processes (AM, casting, machining, forging, etc.)
- Completion of projects that started from early phase development and moved into production
- Ability to self-motivate and manage complex projects to conclusion
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate to internal and external teams on program updates, challenges, resolutions, and next steps at times leading these teams through issues
- Efficient and effective sales and account management skills
- Customer-facing and project/program management skills.
- CAD software design (Solidworks, Siemens NX, AutoCAD, CATIA)
- Experience with industry standards and requirements (AMS specs, NASA specs, etc.)
- Experience with AM metal properties, heat treatments, and end-use applications
- Experience with GD&T
- Location: west coast, preferably Southern California
- Travel: variable up to 50% (average 25%)
- Driven by Results and Impact to Customer
- Takes ownership and responsibility
- High Bandwidth and ability to task-switch effectively
- Hands-on approach
- Attention to detail/focus on quality
- US Person (citizen or green card holder)
- Ability to work within a Team