Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
Velo3D is a technology company that provides the industry’s most advanced fully integrated metal 3D printing solution for mission-critical parts.
Some of the most pioneering companies, including SpaceX, Honeywell, and Lam Research, use the Velo3D solution to drive defense innovation, improve aerospace applications, enhance transportation efficiency, and produce critical oil & gas applications.
While conventional 3D printing and traditional manufacturing methods impose strict design and performance limitations, Velo3D supports true design freedom and allows engineers to build the complex parts they need without compromising performance or quality for manufacturability. In our quest to support tomorrow’s innovations, we enable parts to be printed to exact standards of consistency, quality, and repeatability.
Velo3D has been named to Fast Company’s prestigious annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023. For more information, please visit velo3d.com, or follow the company on LinkedIn or Twitter.
The Technical Trainer prepares Velo3D employees and customers for the successful use of Velo3D’s metal additive printing solution (both hardware and software). The Technical Trainer develops training programs and delivers training in classroom and lab settings. Training delivery methods include in-person and remote lectures, videos, slide presentations, hands-on lab exercises, and exams. Training content includes product information, safety, installation, use, maintenance, and repair of Velo3D’s products.
- Assess training needs by understanding job-specific functions and tasks
- Develop technical training programs and course content according to organizational objectives
- Conduct training classes, webinars, workshops etc. in groups or individually
- Arrange for and conduct on-site training when needed
- Evaluate training program effectiveness and make improvements
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending engineering design reviews, product management meetings, and field meetings
- Willingness to travel 50% domestically and internationally as needed.
- Other responsibilities as required
- Required: Undergraduate degree from an accredited university
- Desired: Excellent written and verbal communication foundation from a degree in English is a plus
- Proven experience designing and delivering technical course content
- Knowledge of modern training techniques and tools
- Experience managing and delivering content within a Learning Management System (LMS)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and comfortable speaking to crowds
- Understands and adapts content to specific audiences
- Excellent organizational and time-management abilities
- Proficiency in creating training materials using various tools and software
- US Citizen, or green card holder
- Military service
- Experience with CAD/CAM software
- Experience with manufacturing equipment or other complex capital equipment
- Working at a desk in an open office environment for extended periods of time.
- Travel to Velo3D engineering and manufacturing facilities
- Travel to Velo3D customer sites for training
- Work is performed at Velo3D, at customer facilities, and online. Work may include handling of hazardous materials.
Other Physical Requirements
- High frequency of computer keyboarding
- High frequency of viewing a computer monitor
- Other personal protective equipment as applicable, such as steel-toed shoes and protective eyewear in the Velo3D lab and manufacturing environments
About the Company:
Velo, Velo3D, Sapphire and Intelligent Fusion are registered trademarks of Velo3D, Inc. Without Compromise, Flow and Assure are trademarks of Velo3D, Inc.
Our team enjoys excellent benefits including healthcare coverage and 401(K) employer contributions. We believe in transparency and recognizing exceptional efforts through our monthly all-hands meetings and team member appreciation awards.
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base salary for this full-time position is between $85,000 and $105,000. This salary range reflects the minimum and maximum target for this position in the U.S. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience, job-related skills, related education, work location, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. In addition to a competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits package, this position may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and equity program, as applicable.
Velo3D provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and prohibits discrimination and harassment based on, race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.