Manufacturing Assembly Technician - Shift C
Fremont, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 2, 2023
Velo3D is a technology company that provides the industry’s most advanced fully integrated metal 3D printing solution for mission-critical parts.
Some of the most pioneering companies, including SpaceX, Honeywell, and Lam Research, use the Velo3D solution to drive defense innovation, improve aerospace applications, enhance transportation efficiency, and produce critical oil & gas applications.
While conventional 3D printing and traditional manufacturing methods impose strict design and performance limitations, Velo3D supports true design freedom and allows engineers to build the complex parts they need without compromising performance or quality for manufacturability. In our quest to support tomorrow’s innovations, we enable parts to be printed to exact standards of consistency, quality, and repeatability.
Essential Job Functions
- Assemble critical system components, maintaining precision and high standards every time.
- Test system components for performance using advanced metrology equipment.
- Monitor material and parts with a keen eye for defects and non-conformance.
- Maintain organized and detailed testing records.
- Ensure adequate quantities of all necessary subcomponents and materials are available in inventory.
- Reliably escalate problems and communicate suggestions for improvement.
- Work with manufacturing and shipping departments to send system components where they are needed.
The ideal candidate possesses the following characteristics:
- Excellent work ethic
- Uncompromising drive for excellence
- Good organizational skills and ability to keep detailed records.
- Motivation to identify problem areas and implement new techniques for quality improvement.
- Honesty and character to admit responsibility for mistakes so that they can be quickly remediated.
Necessary skills / training
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Excel.
- Mechanical aptitude and at least three years of formal or informal hands-on experience with mechanical systems and components.
- Preference will be given to those possessing experience with metrology equipment or specialized machinery.
Nice to have:
- Forklift experience
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Able to lift a maximum of 50 pounds and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must wear steel-toed boots.
- Must wear protective eyewear.
- May require hearing protection.
- High frequency of computer keyboarding
- High frequency of viewing a computer monitor
- Other personal protective equipment as applicable
- Four days per/week: Friday-Monday 6:00am-4:00pm
About the Company:
Velo, Velo3D, Sapphire and Intelligent Fusion are registered trademarks of Velo3D, Inc. Without Compromise, Flow and Assure are trademarks of Velo3D, Inc.
We believe in transparency and recognizing exceptional efforts through our monthly all-hands meetings and team member appreciation awards.
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base salary for this full-time position is between $68,952 and $78,000. This salary range reflects the minimum and maximum target for this position in the U.S. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience, job-related skills, related education, work location, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. In addition to a competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits package, this position may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and equity program, as applicable.
Velo3D provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and prohibits discrimination and harassment based on, race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.