Operations Project Manager
Fremont, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Velo3D is a technology company that provides the industry’s most advanced fully integrated metal 3D printing solution for mission-critical parts.
Some of the most pioneering companies, including SpaceX, Honeywell, and Lam Research, use the Velo3D solution to drive defense innovation, improve aerospace applications, enhance transportation efficiency, and produce critical oil & gas applications.
While conventional 3D printing and traditional manufacturing methods impose strict design and performance limitations, Velo3D supports true design freedom and allows engineers to build the complex parts they need without compromising performance or quality for manufacturability. In our quest to support tomorrow’s innovations, we enable parts to be printed to exact standards of consistency, quality, and repeatability.
Velo3D has been named to Fast Company’s prestigious annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023. For more information, please visit velo3d.com, or follow the company on LinkedIn or Twitter.
Velo3D is seeking an experienced Operations Project Manager. The successful candidate will manage several NPI programs developing new capabilities of high-capacity large format Metal Additive Manufacturing Printers. You will engage with multiple teams across Engineering, Technology, Manufacturing, Product Support, Sales and Marketing organizations to ensure NPI projects are guided successfully through the Phase Gate process. You will be reporting to the Sr. Manager of Pilot Production.
The ideal candidate works well in a fast-paced dynamic environment, has a “take-charge” “can-do” attitude, and can demonstrate flexibility and resiliency.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for driving key programs that span multiple hardware, software, and process technologies and enable easy, reliable, and scalable operation of the Velo3D metal additive system.
- Guide programs from concept through engineering and manufacturing validation gates to customer release.
- Drive alignment across departments, groups and all program efforts and activities to achieve desired outcomes.
- Identify program risks and drive effective mitigation efforts.
- Work aggressively to remove blockers/obstacles to program success.
- Create an environment that fosters transparency, collaboration, and innovation.
- Monitor and report to management on the progress of all projects and release activities within Engineering and Pilot Production, including milestone readiness and overall product release readiness. Communicate proactively to management when conditions exist that will impact delivery schedule.
- Lead capacity planning sessions prior to a release kickoff to identify baseline regarding resource scheduling, prioritization and tracking of effort on product releases.
- Bachelor's degree in hardware engineering with an overall work experience of 5+ years with considerable hardware development and delivery skills
- Solid understanding of very large-scale, high-performance platforms and solutions
- Experience managing programs for semiconductor, machining, automation, materials processing, or other related industrial capital equipment applications is a plus (e.g. Additive Manufacturing, Semiconductor, Solar, Robotics, CNC)
- Good understanding of hardware development lifecycle, procurement, and manufacturing
- Ability to understand and protect priorities and identify dependencies and their ramifications
- Must be able to initiate constructive open conflict and drive team commitment for a solution
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to engage at senior levels across the organization
- Excellent presentation and visualization skills
- PMP certification and Certified Product Owner qualifications a huge plus.
- Ability to manage multiple programs in a fast-paced environment with high degree of autonomy
- Strong leadership, people skills and exceptional ability to work under pressure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- B.A. /B.S. in a hardware engineering field required.
About the Company:
Velo, Velo3D, Sapphire and Intelligent Fusion are registered trademarks of Velo3D, Inc. Without Compromise, Flow and Assure are trademarks of Velo3D, Inc.
We believe in transparency and recognizing exceptional efforts through our monthly all-hands meetings and team member appreciation awards.
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base salary for this full-time position is between $105,000 and $118,000. This salary range reflects the minimum and maximum target for this position in the U.S. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience, job-related skills, related education, work location, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. In addition to a competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits package, this position may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and equity program, as applicable.
Velo3D provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and prohibits discrimination and harassment based on, race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.