Warehouse Senior Supervisor
People & HR, Operations
Fremont, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2023
Velo3D is a technology company that provides the industry’s most advanced fully integrated metal 3D printing solution for mission-critical parts.
Some of the most pioneering companies, including SpaceX, Honeywell, and Lam Research, use the Velo3D solution to drive defense innovation, improve aerospace applications, enhance transportation efficiency, and produce critical oil & gas applications.
While conventional 3D printing and traditional manufacturing methods impose strict design and performance limitations, Velo3D supports true design freedom and allows engineers to build the complex parts they need without compromising performance or quality for manufacturability. In our quest to support tomorrow’s innovations, we enable parts to be printed to exact standards of consistency, quality, and repeatability.
Velo3D has been named to Fast Company’s prestigious annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023. For more information, please visit velo3d.com, or follow the company on LinkedIn or Twitter.
The warehouse supervisor oversees the day-to-day operations within the warehouse and is responsible for accurate material movement and tracking, from the time material enters inventory to the delivery to the production line, and sometimes back. In this role, you will learn the processes surrounding materials within the production plant, help identify gaps, and support the Manager of Materials & Logistics in improving them. Being directly supervising multiple teams of inventory specialists and material movers, your problem-solving skills and the support of your team members will greatly influence the department’s ability to meet its goals and drive Velo3D’s operational success. The warehouse supervisor role is an on-site position requiring a minimum of 8 working hours a day and may require overtime.
- Helps create a positive culture by leading by example
- Identifies safety issues and takes prompt corrective action
- Coaches/corrects unsafe team behavior, and assures documentation of all conversations and disciplinary actions
- Oversees warehouse operations and supervises warehouse workers
- Ensures the timely processing of receipts; escalates issues with incoming goods to purchasing department
- Prioritizes completion of work orders and sales orders according to due dates
- Directs movement between off-site and on-site storage based on inventory turnover and demand
- Owns inventory accuracy and actively seeks ways to improve it
- Enforces operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling, and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current
- Inspects the physical condition of the warehouse and equipment
- Coordinates repairs for equipment with outside vendors and/or forklift mechanics
- Reports higher-level issues to management
- Oversees shipping, receiving, and cycle count activities
- Trains all new warehouse employees and re-evaluates training needs based on individual performance
- Coordinates staffing requirements to cover attendance shortage
- Ensures maintenance of a clean, orderly, and safe warehouse
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job
- Encourages honest feedback from direct reports, peers, and up-line manager
- Uses customer feedback to improve service levels and internal/external customer relationships
- Encourages and models teamwork to demonstrate behavioral expectations for Team Members
- Provides positive recognition for Team Member results
- Possesses the ability to lead and motivate a team of people to succeed by utilizing appropriate interpersonal styles including leading by example, setting objectives, and defining responsibilities to give a clear sense of direction
- Monitors and approves full-time and contractors warehouse employee’s timecards
- Coaches/corrects warehouse staff attendance/tardy issues, making sure to document all conversations and disciplinary actions
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice
- 4 years of experience in either a warehouse or distribution center environment; with experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- 4 years experience managing people/projects; experience may include a combination of work experience and education
- Experienced with ERP systems (NetSuite or others)
- Familiar with scanners and their effective utilization in a warehouse environment
- Knows the principles of inventory controls and understands their importance
- Understands the concepts of process consistency and waste minimization
- Effectively communicate team and individual expectations and follows up appropriately
- High School Diploma
- Associate degree in Logistics, Business Administration, or other related field desirable
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Work is performed primarily in a warehouse
- Able to be on-site for a minimum of 8 working hours a day. May require longer hours if needed
- Able to lift a maximum of 60 pounds and stand for extended periods of time
- Duties require frequent walking between different areas of the facility
- Must wear steel-toed boots
- Must wear protective eyewear
- Other personal protective equipment as applicable
- May require hearing protection
- High frequency of computer keyboarding
- High frequency of viewing a computer monitor
About the Company:
Velo, Velo3D, Sapphire and Intelligent Fusion are registered trademarks of Velo3D, Inc. Without Compromise, Flow and Assure are trademarks of Velo3D, Inc.
Our team enjoys excellent benefits including healthcare coverage and 401(K) employer contributions. We believe in transparency and recognizing exceptional efforts through our monthly all-hands meetings and team member appreciation awards.
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base salary for this full-time position is between $80,000 and $90,252. This salary range reflects the minimum and maximum target for this position in the U.S. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience, job-related skills, related education, work location, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. In addition to a competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits package, this position may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and equity program, as applicable.
Velo3D provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and prohibits discrimination and harassment based on, race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.