Fremont, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2023
Velo3D is a technology company that provides the industry’s most advanced fully integrated metal 3D printing solution for mission-critical parts.
Some of the most pioneering companies, including SpaceX, Honeywell, and Lam Research, use the Velo3D solution to drive defense innovation, improve aerospace applications, enhance transportation efficiency, and produce critical oil & gas applications.
While conventional 3D printing and traditional manufacturing methods impose strict design and performance limitations, Velo3D supports true design freedom and allows engineers to build the complex parts they need without compromising performance or quality for manufacturability. In our quest to support tomorrow’s innovations, we enable parts to be printed to exact standards of consistency, quality, and repeatability.
Velo3D has been named to Fast Company’s prestigious annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023. For more information, please visit velo3d.com, or follow the company on LinkedIn or Twitter.
We are looking for an experienced Equipment Technician to join our manufacturing team in Fremont, CA. We are looking for a self-starter and team builder that enjoys working hands-on in a high-growth environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Collect and organize print samples generated for process analysis
- Own machine shop organization and cleanliness
- Operate and maintain EDM cutting machines
- Perform sample preparation (EDM, chiseling, epoxy puck preparation, etc.)
- Perform periodic preventative maintenance on capital equipment
- Participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Collect sample measurements and perform testing (microscopy, profilometry, x-ray inspection, etc.)
- Run various pieces of CNC equipment in support of production and process teams
- Other duties as needed or required
- 3-5 years working in high mix low volume manufacturing environment, preferably in an ISO 9001 environment
- Strong sense of ownership to ensure quality data is collected in timely manner and any/all issues are quickly escalated
- Ability to program and run CNC tool
- Ability to read drawings and navigate in CAD (SOLIDWORKS preferred)
- Working knowledge of PLM/PDM systems
- Good computer skills to enter data and record information
- High level of accountability, including ability to give and receive feedback
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications
About the Company:
Velo, Velo3D, Sapphire and Intelligent Fusion are registered trademarks of Velo3D, Inc. Without Compromise, Flow and Assure are trademarks of Velo3D, Inc.
We believe in transparency and recognizing exceptional efforts through our monthly all-hands meetings and team member appreciation awards.
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base salary for this full-time position is between $68,952 and $78,000. This salary range reflects the minimum and maximum target for this position in the U.S. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience, job-related skills, related education, work location, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. In addition to a competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits package, this position may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and equity program, as applicable.
Velo3D provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and prohibits discrimination and harassment based on, race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.