Supplier Quality Engineer
Fremont, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Velo3D is a technology company that provides the industry’s most advanced fully integrated metal 3D printing solution for mission-critical parts.
Some of the most pioneering companies, including SpaceX, Honeywell, and Lam Research, use the Velo3D solution to drive defense innovation, improve aerospace applications, enhance transportation efficiency, and produce critical oil & gas applications.
While conventional 3D printing and traditional manufacturing methods impose strict design and performance limitations, Velo3D supports true design freedom and allows engineers to build the complex parts they need without compromising performance or quality for manufacturability. In our quest to support tomorrow’s innovations, we enable parts to be printed to exact standards of consistency, quality, and repeatability.
Velo3D has been named to Fast Company’s prestigious annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023. For more information, please visit velo3d.com, or follow the company on LinkedIn or Twitter.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Supplier Quality Engineer join our manufacturing team in Fremont, CA. We are looking for a self-starter and team builder that enjoys working hands-on in a high-growth environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure supplier quality meets Velo3D expectations by establishing and administrating NCMR & CAPA processes through the development and expansion of existing processes.
- Administrate and drive the Quality Review Board.
- Support within their technical area with others in the cross-functional team: Engineering/Manufacturing/Supply Chain.
- Evaluate and further develop existing quality processes towards ISO9001 compliance.
- Provide leadership during investigations of major problems or special projects focusing on developing working relationships with suppliers and the supply chain about product development and procurement of parts.
- Perform root cause analysis, coordinate, and conduct specialized testing and measurement, and resolve problems.
- Self-starter, seeks opportunities to improve processes, part quality, and overall efficiency.
- Develop and maintain quality KPIs for supplier quality.
- Support incoming quality inspection.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to support investigation, containment, and execution for strategic quality issues.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities with manufacturing, field, and external suppliers.
- Analyze, disposition, and prescribe corrective actions for component, assembly, and product defects as a member of the Material Review Board.
- Rapidly communicate internally and externally regarding emerging and trending quality issues.
- Execute timely corrective action for supplier quality mitigation, containment, and corrective action.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a quality role within a manufacturing environment, preferably in a high-mix low-volume and an ISO 9001 environment
- Expert knowledge in PLM/PDM systems and excellent knowledge of change processes and control
- Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings; understanding manufacturing, material flow, process change, and quality processes
- Ability to navigate CAD preferred (SolidWorks preferred)
- Risk management, reliability, verification, validation, and design review experience preferred
- Direct experience collaborating with engineering and/or manufacturing operations
- Working knowledge of transactional processes in a manufacturing/warehouse environment (Sales & Work Orders, RMAs, Kitting, etc.)
- Basic understanding of COGS and product cost principles
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Expert MS office user
- Team player
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university, preferably with a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical degree
About the Company:
Velo, Velo3D, Sapphire and Intelligent Fusion are registered trademarks of Velo3D, Inc. Without Compromise, Flow and Assure are trademarks of Velo3D, Inc. Our team enjoys excellent benefits including healthcare coverage and 401(K) employer contributions. We believe in transparency and recognizing exceptional efforts through our monthly all-hands meetings and team member appreciation awards.
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base salary for this full-time position is between $107,100 and $115,530. This salary range reflects the minimum and maximum target for this position in the U.S. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience, job-related skills, related education, work location, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. In addition to a competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits package, this position may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and equity program, as applicable.
Velo3D provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and prohibits discrimination and harassment based on, race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.