Fremont, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Velo3D is a technology company that provides the industry’s most advanced fully integrated metal 3D printing solution for mission-critical parts.
Some of the most pioneering companies, including SpaceX, Honeywell, and Lam Research, use the Velo3D solution to drive defense innovation, improve aerospace applications, enhance transportation efficiency, and produce critical oil & gas applications.
While conventional 3D printing and traditional manufacturing methods impose strict design and performance limitations, Velo3D supports true design freedom and allows engineers to build the complex parts they need without compromising performance or quality for manufacturability. In our quest to support tomorrow’s innovations, we enable parts to be printed to exact standards of consistency, quality, and repeatability.
Velo3D has been named to Fast Company’s prestigious annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023. For more information, please visit velo3d.com, or follow the company on LinkedIn or Twitter.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated BOM Engineer join our manufacturing team in Fremont, CA. We are looking for a self-starter and team builder that enjoys working hands-on in a high-growth environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with responsible design engineers to define, structure, and coordinate the release of system, subsystem, and subassembly bill of materials with associated CAD specifications and documentation for successful and efficient procurement and manufacturing.
- Track and manage in process system, subsystem, and subassembly releases and changes to ensure they are implemented correctly and on time for new product introduction and for sustaining work.
- Work with the cross-functional team: Engineering/Manufacturing/Supply Chain to validate and implement the best BOM structure considering procurement strategy, material flow to manufacturing, and commercial sales configurations.
- Perform root cause analysis of BOM issues found in manufacturing and the field.
- Implementing BOM corrections as part of CAPA process.
- Self-starter, seeks opportunities to improve processes, part quality, and overall efficiency.
- Develop and maintain KPIs for BOM accuracy.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in engineering/manufacturing environments, preferably in the industrial capital equipment industry
- Expert knowledge in PLM/PDM systems (Agile preferred), BOM structure, and change/control processes
- As a primary focus of the role, ability to efficiently edit and update CAD assembly models and ability to update CAD engineering drawings (SolidWorks preferred)
- Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings; understanding manufacturing, material flow, process change, and quality processes
- Ability and desire to work cross-functionally with engineering, procurement, logistics, manufacturing, and quality to resolve implementation issues holistically
- Direct experience collaborating with engineering and/or manufacturing operations
- Working knowledge of transactional processes in a manufacturing/warehouse environment (Sales & Work Orders, RMAs, Kitting, etc.)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Expert MS office user
- Team player
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university, preferably with a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical degree a plus
- Past experience in design or manufacturing engineering a plus
About the Company:
Velo, Velo3D, Sapphire and Intelligent Fusion are registered trademarks of Velo3D, Inc. Without Compromise, Flow and Assure are trademarks of Velo3D, Inc. Our team enjoys excellent benefits including healthcare coverage and 401(K) employer contributions. We believe in transparency and recognizing exceptional efforts through our monthly all-hands meetings and team member appreciation awards.
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base salary for this full-time position is between $95,726 and $105,000. This salary range reflects the minimum and maximum target for this position in the U.S. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience, job-related skills, related education, work location, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. In addition to a competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits package, this position may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and equity program, as applicable.
Velo3D provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and prohibits discrimination and harassment based on, race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
See more open positions at Velo3D
Something looks off?