Junior People Partner
People & HR, Operations
Fremont, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, May 7, 2023
Velo3D is a technology company that provides the industry’s most advanced fully integrated metal 3D printing solution for mission-critical parts.
Some of the most pioneering companies, including SpaceX, Honeywell, and Lam Research, use the Velo3D solution to drive defense innovation, improve aerospace applications, enhance transportation efficiency, and produce critical oil & gas applications.
While conventional 3D printing and traditional manufacturing methods impose strict design and performance limitations, Velo3D supports true design freedom and allows engineers to build the complex parts they need without compromising performance or quality for manufacturability. In our quest to support tomorrow’s innovations, we enable parts to be printed to exact standards of consistency, quality, and repeatability.
Velo3D has been named to Fast Company’s prestigious annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023. For more information, please visit velo3d.com, or follow the company on LinkedIn or Twitter.
Velo3D is hiring for a Junior People Partner (HR Generalist) to be a collaborative member of the People Partners team, supporting the day-to-day operations of the HR department and the entire company (approximately 300 people globally). As a member of a strong and lean People team, you will focus on helping to support Velo3D as we grow, mature, and scale in all aspects of our business. You will proactively and reactively support and manage a variety of programs, culture initiatives, and employee relations to drive a positive work environment. This position reports to the Chief People Officer and has the following Primary Responsibilities.
- Day-to-day support of Velo3D employees – check the People Partners inbox multiple times per day, answer employee questions and comments with high customer service, and support the everyday needs of employees and managers
- Track employee comments and complaints so the People team can implement broad solutions to minimize the same issues in the future
- Support the creation of policies, processes, and procedures
- Support the recruiting and talent acquisition process by helping to schedule interviews, providing coordination support, and ensuring that candidates have a great experience
- Support new employees by coordinating with managers to ensure new hires are informed and prepared for their first day and week
- Conduct new employee orientation
- Enter new employees and employee changes into the HRIS system and other People and Finance platforms, ensuring data accuracy
- Provide backup support for Payroll processing and questions as needed
- Support on-site and virtual training and leadership development programs
Manage Employee Feedback
- Support the design, launch, and management of employee surveys that provide insight into areas of strength and areas of development for the company
- Conduct exit interviews; analyze data and information then develop plans to act on employee feedback
- Use surveys, interviews, and other methods to make recommendations for company and culture improvements, as well as identify gaps and training needs
Program Coordination and Management
- Support cyclical and annual people programs
- Manage the Leave of Action (LOA) process and ensure compliance with FMLA, ADA, and applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Manage the workers’ compensation process including associated claims
- Provide guidance to employees on company policies, procedures, and programs
- Assist in administering benefits, compensation, and other employee programs
- Vendor support and management
- Suggest new procedures and policies for improving employee experience as well as the efficiency of HR department and company
Administrative, Data Entry and Other Duties As Needed
- Support and manage employee transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations, and other related people and payroll items
- Enter necessary inputs, changes, additions, and deletions into the HRIS including the learning management system (LMS), applicant tracking system (ATS), and other platforms
- Create monthly reports regarding talent acquisition and other areas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Excellent ethics
- Excellent customer service skills
- Great organization skills and detail orientation
- Great problem-solving skills
- ·Ability to remain tactful and calm despite the situation
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 2+ years of human resources experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience with an HRIS platform
About the Company:
Velo, Velo3D, Sapphire and Intelligent Fusion are registered trademarks of Velo3D, Inc. Without Compromise, Flow, and Assure are trademarks of Velo3D, Inc.
Our team enjoys excellent benefits including healthcare coverage and 401(K) employer contributions. We believe in transparency and recognizing exceptional efforts through our monthly all-hands meetings and team member appreciation awards.
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base salary for this full-time position is between $65,000 and $95,000. This salary range reflects the minimum and maximum target for this position in the U.S. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience, job-related skills, related education, work location, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. In addition to a competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits package, this position may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and equity program, as applicable.
Velo3D provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and prohibits discrimination and harassment based on, race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
See more open positions at Velo3D
Something looks off?