Technical Account Manager - USA
IT, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, May 5, 2023
Velo3D is a technology company that provides the industry’s most advanced fully integrated metal 3D printing solution for mission-critical parts.
Some of the most pioneering companies, including SpaceX, Honeywell, and Lam Research, use the Velo3D solution to drive defense innovation, improve aerospace applications, enhance transportation efficiency, and produce critical oil & gas applications.
While conventional 3D printing and traditional manufacturing methods impose strict design and performance limitations, Velo3D supports true design freedom and allows engineers to build the complex parts they need without compromising performance or quality for manufacturability. In our quest to support tomorrow’s innovations, we enable parts to be printed to exact standards of consistency, quality, and repeatability.
Velo3D has been named to Fast Company’s prestigious annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023. For more information, please visit velo3d.com, or follow the company on LinkedIn or Twitter.
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) maintains and enhances relationships with our external customers. The TAM oversees and addresses our customers’ technical needs before and after the sale, ensuring customer satisfaction. Through insight and experience, as well as understanding VELO3D’s capabilities and potential to improve, the TAM uses technical, product, and business knowledge to support our Sales and Support processes, strengthen customer relationships, and create mutually beneficial opportunities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide red-carpet, white-glove welcome and technical assistance for customers to support pre-sales and post-sales processes, including onboarding, training, installation logistics, parts fulfillment, service contracts, and billing support.
- Address all product-related queries on time.
- Assist customers to use products effectively, such as software license management; manage software releases on the Support portal, managing out- and in-bound communications.
- Use CRM software to schedule service and provide customer quotes for parts and services, ensuring that customer needs and interactions are fulfilled, tracked, and realized as revenue.
- Schedule assets (including Field Service Engineers and parts) to cover the broad range of customer needs and ensure our response and resolution commitments are kept across geographic regions.
- Identify solutions to keep customers satisfied and reduce support costs through surveys and other means of gathering data about customer experience.
- Lead meetings with customers and other company principals to discuss business at a strategic level and gather information to improve our ability to meet our customers’ needs.
- Champion service contract renewals and manage them to completion.
- Other duties as needed or required.
Near Term Deliverables - Demonstrate improvements in the following key criteria
- Customer onboarding effectiveness and timing
- PM scheduling accuracy
- Parts, spares and consumables quote response time
- Upgrade tracking accuracy
- Service agreement renewal rate
- Contribute to training polish and effectiveness
- Required: Undergraduate degree from an accredited university in an applicable field such as engineering, computer science, etc.
- Desired: Master’s degree from an accredited university in engineering, business administration, or a related field.
- Proven work experience as a Field Service Manager, Technical Account Manager, Project Manager, or Program Manager
- Former hands-on experience with complex equipment, CAD, and supporting software
- An ability to grasp and quickly respond to customers’ needs and suggest timely solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills using collaborative and innovative approaches, as necessary
- Startup experience
- Former military service
- Active security clearance
- Experience with semiconductor manufacturing equipment
- Experience with additive manufacturing equipment
- Working at a desk in an open office environment or remotely for extended periods of time.
- Some travel for executive business reviews (EBRs) as required and when safe to do so. (25%)
Other Physical Requirements
- High frequency of computer keyboarding
- High frequency of viewing a computer monitor
- Personal protective equipment as applicable, such as steel-toed shoes, N95 mask, protective eyewear in labs or customer facilities
About the Company:
Velo, Velo3D, Sapphire and Intelligent Fusion are registered trademarks of Velo3D, Inc. Without Compromise, Flow and Assure are trademarks of Velo3D, Inc.
Our team enjoys excellent benefits including healthcare coverage and 401(K) employer contributions. We believe in transparency and recognizing exceptional efforts through our monthly all-hands meetings and team member appreciation awards.
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base salary for this full-time position is between $105,019 and $117,875. This salary range reflects the minimum and maximum target for this position in the U.S. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience, job-related skills, related education, work location, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. In addition to a competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits package, this position may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and equity program, as applicable.
Velo3D provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and prohibits discrimination and harassment based on, race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
See more open positions at Velo3D
Something looks off?