Field Service Engineer - Lazio (Italy)
Northeast Region, Brazil · Lazio, Italy · United States
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
Velo3D is a technology company that provides the industry’s most advanced fully integrated metal 3D printing solution for mission-critical parts.
Some of the most pioneering companies, including SpaceX, Honeywell, and Lam Research, use the Velo3D solution to drive defense innovation, improve aerospace applications, enhance transportation efficiency, and produce critical oil & gas applications.
While conventional 3D printing and traditional manufacturing methods impose strict design and performance limitations, Velo3D supports true design freedom and allows engineers to build the complex parts they need without compromising performance or quality for manufacturability. In our quest to support tomorrow’s innovations, we enable parts to be printed to exact standards of consistency, quality, and repeatability.
Velo3D has been named to Fast Company’s prestigious annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023. For more information, please visit velo3d.com, or follow the company on LinkedIn or Twitter.
The Field Service Engineer (FSE) installs, repairs, upgrades, services, and trains customers on our 3D printers and supporting equipment at our customer sites. While the role is home-based, with a primary focus on customers in Italy initially working in the Lazio region of Italy, traveling to support other customers and team members within Italy and the EMEA region is critical for success.
Near-Term Deliverables - First Year:
· Become a driver for customer success
· Demonstrate competency in 2 or more subsystems within 3 months
· Complete all Level 2 (or higher) training within the first 6 months
· Complete all Level 3 (or higher) training within the first year
· Deploy to the customer site for a dedicated on-site assignment
Essential Job Functions
- Follow procedures to test, operate and maintain 3D Printers and related equipment
- Assemble and test mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and optics sub-assemblies; demonstrate mastery in one of these areas
- Interpret manuals, schematics, and wiring diagrams to solve problems
- Repair equipment with hand tools and test instruments
- Order and replace parts as needed through our ERP system
- Collaborate with others to test, tune, upgrade, and adjust equipment
- Consult with engineering when needed to resolve problems or to suggest product improvements
- Install and commission equipment according to specifications
- Follow protocols for security, safety, access, scheduling, and communications
- Provide specific training and instruction to customers, coworkers, and contract manufacturers
- Schedule and perform Preventative Maintenance (PM) activities
- Communicate daily activities, status, and metrics through our CRM system
- Advise management regarding customer satisfaction and product performance
- Participate in developing processes, procedures, and documentation as directed by the supervisor
- Participate in team and other assigned meetings
- Other duties as needed or required
- Required: Electromechanical higher-level qualification, or similar discipline within the field of engineering.
- Desired: Undergraduate degree from an accredited university in an applicable field such as engineering, computer science, etc.
- 5 years of demonstrated experience:
- Operating and maintaining complicated machines in a lab or manufacturing environment
- Customer-facing field service positions
- Hands-on repair and calibration of equipment
- Fluent in Italian and English for both verbal and written communication
- Startup experience
- Experience in the 3D AM markets
- Experience with semiconductor manufacturing equipment
- Military service
- Active security clearance
About the Company:
Whether it's racing cars or missions to Mars, digital manufacturing is printing the future of innovation. Velo3D is the leader in mission-critical digital manufacturing solutions specializing in metal Additive Manufacturing (AM) or 3D Printing for high-performance industries.
With the only SupportFree laser powder bed fusion capability, we enable on-demand manufacturing of production quality Titanium, Inconel, and Aluminum parts with an unprecedented degree of design freedom and quality control. The VELO3D award-winning solution includes an integrated offering of hardware and software: Sapphire® metal AM production printer, Flow™ print preparation software, Assure™ quality assurance and control system, and an integrated manufacturing process that runs throughout the printing operation.
Our team enjoys excellent benefits. We believe in transparency and recognizing exceptional efforts through our monthly all-hands meetings and team member appreciation awards.
Velo3D provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and prohibits discrimination and harassment based on, race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.